Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: newbie start - hardwater area

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
    I'll see if I can get the missus to get a sample - mind it may raise some questions as to why I'll be needing loads haha, but I do have some pet lizards, so having RO/cleaner water would help for these too really......so I'm trying to justify/work on how to get an RO in

Out of curiosity with a 3-4 plant setup - how many litres of water will I likely end up using each day?
    When they're mature and you're watering to run 10-15% off you'll go through about 3-5 gallons a day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Isolation (12-04-20), Mac (12-04-20)

Thanks

Does anyone know if it an RO system would need to be 4 stage, or is a 3 stage system fine too?
    Mine's a three-stage system I'm happy with it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Isolation (12-04-20), Mac (12-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,898 Times

Thanks Jingo - On a bit of searching there seems to be some debate on whether that 4th stage could actually be bad, so if I get one, I'll go for a 3 stage. Having to have it running for hours, once I do figure out how to actually get it connected up, is putting me off......I think.....for this first go, to try just with tap (after the initial bottled water stage for seedlings)......if they keel over so be it, I have backup seeds and shouldn't have wasted much time....but hopefully they may still thrive (never know I might get lucky and it could be all the nutrients it's looking for - wishful thinking haha). I'll continue looking at my RO options, as it may come in handy anyway, but if I start now then at least that's progress, instead of waiting days or weeks more while I try and sort the RO

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Jingo (12-04-20), Mac (12-04-20)

Thanks

I've only seen UK growers adopt RO systems in about the last four years, before that they always just subtracted out the EC from the total feed and stayed under the maximums.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Mac (12-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I've only seen UK growers adopt RO systems in about the last four years, before that they always just subtracted out the EC from the total feed and stayed under the maximums.

cool - here's hoping - definately starting the seeds off tonight - from memory I think I need to soak them in a jar of water first for overnight (with some rhizo in so I'll have to check on the dose of that) before putting them onto paper (I'll search on that before I do it in case I'm wrong )

What please are the maximums for seedlings/young plants? With an EC of 1.0 off the bat, prob haven't much to play with,

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Jingo (12-04-20), Mac (12-04-20)

Thanks

Thanks Quotientcatalysed....about half of what the bottle recommened says to give do you reckon?
    I mixed 2 drops with 1lt PhD water into spray bottle. Im Using bio roots activator myself used as it said on bottle , small dosage anyways

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Isolation (12-04-20), Jingo (12-04-20)

Thanks

cool - here's hoping - definately starting the seeds off tonight - from memory I think I need to soak them in a jar of water first for overnight (with some rhizo in so I'll have to check on the dose of that) before putting them onto paper (I'll search on that before I do it in case I'm wrong )

What please are the maximums for seedlings/young plants? With an EC of 1.0 off the bat, prob haven't much to play with,
    I've never used Rizo myself, I wonder if it doesn't help a little bit with hard water the way a lot of UK growers swear by it. What I found with root stimulators is they are almost mandatory in soil and really kind of unnecessary in coco.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Isolation (12-04-20), Quotientcatalysed (20-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks all It has begun....seeds put in for germination.....good times

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20), Jingo (13-04-20), MrBlobby (15-04-20), Quotientcatalysed (20-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Hi bud my tap water is 0.7ec and a ph of 7.0-8.0 and i have no problems growing with growers ark nutrients but there closed atm i think.
    I had many problems with different nutes with my water. If you can get growers ark hardwater somewhere id Highley recommend them and there traces.
    Dont want to put you off canna but Personally i wouldn't choose them with the water as there made to suit 0.4ec but i could be wrong as i haven't tryed them.
    Hydrotops are also meant to be good for high ec backrounds.
    Dutch pro hardwater did ok job with ny water also.
    Just use rhizo and ph for the first week or so
    Good luck!

Current diary https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Last edited by Grower88; 13-04-20 at 01:37 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20), Isolation (13-04-20), Jingo (13-04-20), Quotientcatalysed (20-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    Hi bud my tap water is 0.7ec and a ph of 7.0-8.0 and i have no problems growing with growers ark nutrients but there closed atm i think.
    I had many problems with different nutes with my water. If you can get growers ark hardwater somewhere id Highley recommend them and there traces.
    Dont want to put you off canna but Personally i wouldn't choose them with the water as there made to suit 0.4ec but i could be wrong as i haven't tryed them.
    Hydrotops are also meant to be good for high ec backrounds.
    Dutch pro hardwater did ok job with ny water also.
    Just use rhizo and ph for the first week or so
    Good luck!

Current diary https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Thanks - I've just been spending sometime, and while I might need to mess with adapters, I've gone and ordered a 3 stage RO unit.....here's hoping it comes soon - I seem to have less bottled water than I thought in the meantime, so hopefully the seeds won't start flying super early for needing lots of water

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20), Grower88 (13-04-20), Quotientcatalysed (20-05-20)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast