Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed Experienced Noob 15" x 17" x 17" LED Stealth SCROG

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DrFox View Post
    Yeah man!

If its's 761 PPFD @ 12" using 100w, it'll be much higher PPFD at, say, 6".
    If, at 6", using 40w, it was kicking out 750 PPFD, there wouldn't be any damage.
    But if I could only dim it to 60w and that was producing 1100 PPFD, I could end up with some issues.

I don't know the parameters of heights with LED's, which is why I'd prefer to have the ability to drive my LED's on 40w.

Does that make sense? Bearing in mind, manufacturer recommends 12" hanging height. I have a total of 17"from top to bottom of my groom! haha
    I think you are confuse with the advige. I think that number you have 761 is an advage of all the little squars added togeather. I think each single reading is A PAR reading, and you add them up to get an advage. That number 761, I don't think is The center PAR at 12" @ 100W, but An advage of all the boxed added up. Google PAR and PPFD, and do some reading on the subject, and tell me what you think.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

That's an ambitious height to work with. I struggle in 36" height (tho I often slack on LST).
    I opted for the diy led route as all the pre assembled kits seemed too intense. Have a look at a few PC grow builds. Pcs are about 18" tall and there's a few on here who've done them.
    Good luck mate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    That's an ambitious height to work with. I struggle in 36" height (tho I often slack on LST).
    I opted for the diy led route as all the pre assembled kits seemed too intense. Have a look at a few PC grow builds. Pcs are about 18" tall and there's a few on here who've done them.
    Good luck mate
    I think he was trying to compare that number 761 with My 3590 Cobs lights, and those lights he is talking about the HLG's put out much more PAR than My Cobs do. Plus it is A little confuseing because PPFD is The PAR numbers added togeather I Think, from what I am reading, if I understand. lol

Thanks

Attachment 381604

As I said...

Directly beneath the light, the Spider Farmer claims 761 PPFD at a hanging height of 12", that's probably running at ~100w.
    I have read up on it, it's still generally unclear, evidently, as you don't seem to have a grasp on it either.
    I'm actually talking more specifically about the Spider Famer.

The only thing I have any confusion over is whether I can decrease the current running through the drivers resulting in being able to have the plants closer to the lights as the lights won't be as intense as they would be when ran at a higher current.

Even if PPFD and PAR are the same values, my question still remains unanswered. I'm not trying to compare your COBs as I haven't even looked at what you're running.

I don't know how I can make it simpler for you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Good luck mate
    I'm open to DIY, I just thought, given the size of the groom, it would fit nicely.

My main concern which seems to be misunderstood is whether I can just turn the watts down on the driver if the plants get closer to the light. Am I right in saying the PPFD value would be the same at say, 8 inches, instead of 12" if it was driven on less current.

I've had a look at the PC grows and If they can work with that height, so can I. I like to train them, any excuse to play with them really haha.
    It is ambitious though and it's definitely the challenge of it that I'm looking forward to!

Thanks for your input silk, is there any comps up and coming any time soon do you know? I enjoyed the Pepsi bottle grow a few years ago.
    Last edited by DrFox; 13-04-20 at 11:56 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

Attachment 381604

As I said...

I have read up on it, it's still generally unclear, evidently, as you don't seem to have a grasp on it either.
    I'm actually talking more specifically about the Spider Famer.

The only thing I have any confusion over is whether I can decrease the current running through the drivers resulting in being able to have the plants closer to the lights as the lights won't be as intense as they would be when ran at a higher current.

Even if PPFD and PAR are the same values, my question still remains unanswered. I'm not trying to compare your COBs as I haven't even looked at what you're running.

I don't know how I can make it simpler for you to understand.

I'm open to DIY, I just thought, given the size of the groom, it would fit nicely.

My main concern which seems to be misunderstood is whether I can just turn the watts down on the driver if the plants get closer to the light. Am I right in saying the PPFD value would be the same at say, 8 inches, instead of 12" if it was driven on less current.

I've had a look at the PC grows and If they can work with that height, so can I. I like to train them, any excuse to play with them really haha.
    It is ambitious though and it's definitely the challenge of it that I'm looking forward to!

Thanks for your input silk, is there any comps up and coming any time soon do you know? I enjoyed the Pepsi bottle grow a few years ago.
    Ok, I think I get where you coming from. The answer is No, now necessary, The PPFD is and advage foot print, lets say 3'x3', or 2',2' not sure what size tent, because you don't say. The Advage PPFD can be different at different high's, but however, the Center Par could possible be the same at 8" with less light than what you had it at 12", if 12" was lets say 100w, and you turn down to lets say 50W and drop to 8", then that is possible.

Thanks

Basely, what you are looking is A PPFD of over 400 for A certain space or area of you grow space. So, 761 in A 3'x3' arear would be very good. Most of the maps are made at over 60 PAR points. On mind I just did 25, so not an acturact reading, but something to give me piece of mind.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

DrFox (13-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Ok, I think I get where you coming from. The answer is No, now necessary, The PPFD is and advage foot print, lets say 3'x3', or 2',2' not sure what size tent, because you don't say. The Advage PPFD can be different at different high's, but however, the Center Par could possible be the same at 8" with less light than what you had it at 12", if 12" was lets say 100w, and you turn down to lets say 50W and drop to 8", then that is possible.
    15" x 17" x 17" Grow box bro. Tight, I know.
    It isn't the average that I'm concerned with. I could have an average of 700 PPFD but the centre might be 2000 PPFD which could be considered too intense. As a result, that part of the canopy would suffer.

If I'm using a square foot, then at 12" the average PPFD would be ~588 and the peak output would be ~761. I can live with that.

However, inevitably, when they start creeping closer, the PPFD will increase.

I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with this and whether they've had any issues with low wattage and a short distance between the plants and light.

As long as the LED's are full spectrum, there won't be any isolation to any of specific light range. Just a thought.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

Like I said before watts don't matter, just the PAR, so if your center PAR is under 1,000, then you in good shape. Wow that is A small space. You really need A PAR meter Dude, it will solved and answer all your question.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

15" x 17" x 17" Grow box bro. Tight, I know.
    It isn't the average that I'm concerned with. I could have an average of 700 PPFD but the centre might be 2000 PPFD which could be considered too intense. As a result, that part of the canopy would suffer.

If I'm using a square foot, then at 12" the average PPFD would be ~588 and the peak output would be ~761. I can live with that.

However, inevitably, when they start creeping closer, the PPFD will increase.

I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with this and whether they've had any issues with low wattage and a short distance between the plants and light.

As long as the LED's are full spectrum, there won't be any isolation to any of specific light range. Just a thought.
    Ive helped a few members on here with growing in small spaces and heights. You will need to use a custom strip build rather than boards to avoid hotspots.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

DrFox (13-04-20), GEORGE (13-04-20), Herbitual (13-04-20), Valentina (21-04-20)

Thanks

You can even use A house 6500K 19W led bulb in that small of space. They put out 800PAR at 2". This would be to veg, I guess you would need a 2700K for Flower, but don't know PAR reading on those. You can buy them as high as 40W, but don't know what par is on those.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 13-04-20 at 01:56 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

DrFox (13-04-20), Valentina (21-04-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast