Thread: Autopots

Thanks

Default Autopots

Looking into autopot system ...
    can I top feed?
    Also obviously you have to water them without nutes every other time how do I do this if I have filled the reservoir with nutes ? Any advice would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ads50 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

As far as I understand, people start with top feeding until the roots reach far enough down... that's pretty much all I can tell you
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ads50 View Post
    Looking into autopot system ...
    can I top feed?
    Also obviously you have to water them without nutes every other time how do I do this if I have filled the reservoir with nutes ? Any advice would be great thanks

hi ads50
    im using an autopot system
    ive fed them nothing but nutrients right the way through, no sign of deficiency or any kind of nute burn.
    never watered from the top either.

i am using air domes and clay balls in the bottom (2 inch deep), as the autopots run a wick type system they pull water up from the tray so the soil/coco is moist most of the time, i do believe with there float system the media is allowed to dry out but i personally dont think its long enough to get any oxygen to the roots hence the air domes.

im sure people run the system without the air domes with success.

couple of pointers i would give you- (all personal experience)
    if you are using the clay balls in the bottom wash them well as the dust causes the float system to fail and flood
    if you are going to use air dome system dont buy too powerfull of an airpump, you will get problems with the water bubbling over
    buy a recirculating pump for the res to keep the nutes mixed otherwise you end up with sediment
    dont use organic nutrients (unless specified to work with auto pot) or anything that is too thick as the rubbers on the float system are very small and will need cleaning alot more

feel free to pm me ill tell you all my problems to save you the hassle

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (17-04-20), GEORGE (14-04-20), M_C (14-04-20)

Thanks

Thanks for reply, how comes you can’t top feed have u tried it? So im going to put a little pump in res and still use clay balls, I’m going to use bio biz at low dose all the way thru. Any pointers ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ads50 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20)

Thanks

ive never top fed because there was no need, i just filled my pots with soil let the water wick up for 24hrs then transplanted my girls.
    biobizz will separate in the bottom of the pots and in the tubing, its not recommended

if you want to go organic have you not considered biotabs?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20)

Thanks

It was What I was sold! I’ll grab one before I start

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ads50 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ads50 View Post
    It was What I was sold! I’ll grab one before I start

synthetic feed is cheaper by far pal but biotabs works with the autopot system and the makers of the autopot say not to use biobizz or any other thick organic feed, ive got the full range of biobizz here in my grow room cost me a few hundred quid but i had to change to canna synthetic feed.
    up to now apart from the grit getting into the float rubber and flooding my growroom (of not washing the clay balls good enough) ive never had a singal problem with any form of salt build up or sludge in my trays, i did however have to clean out my res as that has a fair bit off crap in there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks

Default Autopot issues

getting crispy burnt leaves that just fall off during budding...This is the second time I have tried growing using the autopot system with Clay pellets on the bottom and cocoa and Clay pellets mixture in the rest of my substrate. Remo nutrients or what I'm using and I always pH my RO water to 6.2.
    I have a pump in my reservoir circulating the water and I have clean the system right before going into flowering.. only thing I haven't done is a flush but I was saving that for the last week of flowering. This is the second time and I dropped the nutrients by half and still got the same result. Wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple_cheese For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20)

Thanks

the only way you will get any form of an answer is to give more information mate

environment levels
    lights used
    nutrient ratios
    do you use calmag with ro water
    is it the top leaves crisping or all of them

18. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20)