Thread: Lights & ventilation - Could do with some guidance please

Thanks

Default Lights & ventilation - Could do with some guidance please

Hi

So the 3ft by 3ft Gorrila Shorty is on route, height 4ft 11inches with potential to extend height when we eventually move but at this point I need to learn to grow in this space.

I have also purchased all the small extras like propagator, propagation lights, fans, soil, ec & ph readers, scalpel, buckets etc.

Now I have to buy the lights & ventilation system and I could do with some help if anyone has the time?

So the set up is in the attic with space around the tent. The attic has been fully insulated and temps so far are max 14.9c and min 11.4c over the last 4 days in Scotland. My thoughts are 2 vents out the eaves which should be no issue one for air out and one for air in if required but can also just pull air in from attic.

Lights - Due to height I was thinking about LED but cost to get good long term lights is to much from what I can see. So my next thought was air cooled light system? My reason for thinking this is to allow plants to grow as close as possible to the lights due to height at 4ft 11inch.

Cool Shade Complete 6"/150mm for £129.95 is my thoughts?

Including -
    Cool Shade 6" Reflector
    600W Digital/Dimmable Ballast
    600W Dual Spectrum Lamp

Ventilation - Silent & space is paramount so I was wondering about having the system outside the tent but is this possible with air cooled system?

My thoughts are to have the system in the dead area in the attic with acoustic ducting and ensuring I get a powerful fan so I can keep power down as low as possible but I am still confused by best option and any advice would be appreciated. It seems there are various decent cheap fan options but t get the fans that state they are silent it goes up to £200 plus but I hear people state that you just get a powerful fan and keep the power low.

The tent will be in attic directly above the room that my Wife & I sleep in so got to keep it quiet but have insulated already and could add more flooring if required.

Everything else is on route and tent will be up this weekend so got plenty time to read, watch any vids or chat to anyone if they have time?

My aim is to grow organically for myself in soil.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Go over to our sponsor (VIVID) and ask them what you would need for such A short space. JMO

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Seniten (15-04-20)