Thread: What do you do with the growing media when you’re done? Any recycling options?

Thanks

Default What do you do with the growing media when you’re done? Any recycling options?

What do you do with your growing media (rockwool, coco coir etc.) when you’re done? Are there any recyclable options?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagirl420 For This Useful Post:

dougthehead (16-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

You can re-use Coco if you want. There are products available to dissolve dead roots available from your local Hydro store (I forget their names) and then you have to sieve it. But I usually dump mine into lay by bin. Coco also burns, but I`m not sure if that`s ecologically sound.
    Now if you`ll excuse me, it`s my lunch time

dougtheheads 3 strain grow Completed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), M_C (16-04-20)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagirl420 View Post
    What do you do with your growing media (rockwool, coco coir etc.) when you’re done? Are there any recyclable options?
    I've been using mine in my rose beds and compost bin

Quote Originally Posted by dougthehead View Post
    You can re-use Coco if you want. There are products available to dissolve dead roots available from your local Hydro store (I forget their names) and then you have to sieve it. But I usually dump mine into lay by bin. Coco also burns, but I`m not sure if that`s ecologically sound.
    I've heard CANNAZYM from Canna does that

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

dougthehead (18-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)