Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help us out with our first setup, plz

Thanks

Question Help us out with our first setup, plz

Hola,
    My and my GF are trying to build our first setup in a budget. We don't have a fixed budget, but we want to pay for the essential, best for the money and most efficient equipment based on our location and our grow tent. Our first tent will be a 2X2X5 tent.This is the tent. (EDIT: I can't post links. It's a cheap tent from Ebay. Search for it as "grow tent".) I don't know is the best, but I think it has what we need on a tent to grow our first 1 or 2 plants. Well, we are stuck in that - the tent.

We live in South America. Our climate is somewhat tropical. I will give you a short description to help me select the rest of the setup. Summer is around 56% RH and 27-29C on average. Humidity goes up to 74% in the night. In winter, RH is almost always 70-80% and on average 77%. Temperature goes down to 19C and up to 13C. My grow will be in the terrace inside a room with a metal roof (metal roof makes to stay hot or hotter in summer)

Now things got complicated for us. HPS and MH LEDs fulll spectrum or just CFS? What wattage to obtain the most of our plant? Do I need an Inline Extractor Fan? Please tell me what I need to have a successful grow. I don't want anything fancy, but I don't want anything poor quality, too. Something in the middle.

I would really, really appreciate your help.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjab For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,484 Times

You got one hell of a lot of reading to do. If I was you I'd stop buying. Start reading some grow diaries and researching some topics to get a better understanding.

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slazenger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20)

5. Default

Hi Ganjab, are you after the cheapest option right now with a look to upgrade or are you wanting to invest in something right now that will last you?..

I ask because we the staff team have researched and found a grow setup for the cheapest we possibly could..it's not anything fancy, but will get the job done with the view to upgrade replace later on when you can afford

Check it out here - Complete Grow Set-up on a budget - Linky

I've noticed you're in South America, but if you're after the cheapest it still could give you a good idea

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll do, thanks. I have made my research, but I'm looking for practical and direct advice in this case to have a better overview if I'm on my right path.

First, my grow is indoor. The grow tent is not that tall so we are choosing Indica, high-yielding seeds which are recommended for local growers here based on our climate. I know MH and HPS are the standard, but they are energy costly, so we are considering LEDs, but we don't want to have problems with heat. I've read about fabric pots. I've read about wattage and size of fan based on how many plants we'll grow. I mean, I'm not in blank. I just want some orientation, in the meantime, I'll continue reading.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjab For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi Ganjab, are you after the cheapest option right now with a look to upgrade or are you wanting to invest in something right now that will last you?..

I ask because we the staff team have researched and found a grow setup for the cheapest we possibly could..it's not anything fancy, but will get the job done with the view to upgrade replace later on when you can afford

Check it out here -

I've noticed you're in South America, but if you're after the cheapest it still could give you a good idea

Yeah, we are looking for something cheap and then get better equipment, but we want quality. I mean, we are going for good genetics, good soil, good nutrients and we want our plant to develop to its full potential (based on her genetics, obviously), so we would like our lights to be good for the plant to develop and the rest can be cheap stuff, because we are probably growing just 1 plant at a time.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ganjab For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), IceCalibur (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

LED is a good place to start as long as you know coverage area, now it does come down to price within reason.cheap non branded leds are a was of money and time..so ball park budget?
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2wasted View Post
    LED is a good place to start as long as you know coverage area, now it does come down to price within reason.cheap non branded leds are a was of money and time..so ball park budget?
    I will go for 1 plant. 2 plants at max. I can pay the money for good lights. 100-120$ is good?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjab For This Useful Post:

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ganjab View Post
    Yeah, we are looking for something cheap and then get better equipment, but we want quality. I mean, we are going for good genetics, good soil, good nutrients and we want our plant to develop to its full potential (based on her genetics, obviously), so we would like our lights to be good for the plant to develop and the rest can be cheap stuff, because we are probably growing just 1 plant at a time.
    I think that might be an issue right there, those two don't really come hand in hand (cheap and quality), unfortunately..

You could go for the middle ground for sure, you could get away with a 60cmx60cm tent since you're only looking to grow one plant, 250w HPS or CFL and a 4" or 5" extraction fan

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-20), ganjab (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I think that might be an issue right there, those two don't really come hand in hand (cheap and quality), unfortunately..

You could go for the middle ground for sure, you could get away with a 60cmx60cm tent since you're only looking to grow one plant, 250w HPS or CFL and a 4" or 5" extraction fan
    Yeah, I meant small grow, but quality plant. No matter if it is just 1 plant.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ganjab For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-20), CaptainChronic (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks

Are u going with autos or photos? Some sativas could grow over 2m tall easily , huge potential yields.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

2wasted (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), Sadface (17-04-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast