Thread: Issues I simply cannot seem to resolve

Thanks

Default Issues I simply cannot seem to resolve

Hey guys, so I've been quite reluctant to posting here asking for help as I really wanted to figure this out through reading the various articles but I feel like I can't read fast enough or seem to lack enough experience to correctly judge the situation and whenever I try to fix one problem I think I'm creating another one, this is my first grow but I've been reading and dreaming about this for over 10 years waiting for a chance to finally be able to start growing.

So after a lot of hair pulling, trial and error I come in search of some wisdom.

Quick sidenote: I am planning to start a grow journal and be as active as possible, not here just to leech information. Just starting to get really stressed and tired, where a passion is turning into constant scare and headache. The current situation and not being able to easily purchase nutrients / equipment is also making it really hard.

Soo... I planted on the 16th of march into rootit cubes got 100% germination rate, went through some overwatering and had a few issues (I'll make a more in depth post as a grow journal as I took a lot of photos and made various timelapses).
    Using Lumatek dual spectrum 600w HPS through a 600w Lumatek ballast (Set at 400w) running 18/6 (This has probably been my biggest mistake)

150x90 grow tent with a 550cfm fan connected to EcoTechnics controller (25oC, 5o hysterisis / 65%RH, 5RH hysterisis / 25% minimum FanSpeed, 55% Max FanSpeed )

Nutes I use are Bionova dedicated (Soil supermix, BN-zym, BN-missing link) going roughly 1 50% feed, 1 RO-Water, 1 RO-Water cycle whenever the top soil is dry.

Now this is where I get issues, I just can't seem to keep the temperatures down and humidity up, my VPD is all over the place. Temps with fans going pretty high (Near the 55% Fanspeed, anything over just seems to pummel the plants) stay around 29oC+ with RH staying around 40 to 55 at best. I have to keep the windows open with the blinds closed and that's what I've been playing around with most, if I open the blinds more temperatures stabilise but RH will go down to around 30 (even with it being around 50 outside) and if I close them more humidity stabilises but temperature goes way up to around 31, 32.

So 2 days ago I tried flipping to 600w and let it run for an 18h cycle (this I think caused stress and excess heat), then yesterday I accidentally left the humidifier running during the 6h off cycle causing humidity to reach 80 to 90+ (Compounded the previous problem) and when I went back into the room to check on them plants looked terrible with all sorts of issues.

Now I'm not sure what to do, should I feed, do I have nutrient lockout, toxicity, lack of some nutrients etc
    Also I would really appreciate some advice on tent setup maybe I'm getting something wrong here.

Thanks for the help, I'll take some pics with white lighting as soon as the light's cycle is finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7195.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	381757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7198.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	381758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7201.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	381759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7203.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	381760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7205.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	381761

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AWickedWizard For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

do you have a controller for the humidty?
    i use an inkbirk humidity controller, set my desired humidity and just connect a dehumidifier and a humidifier with very good results
    do you have intake/exhaust fans in/out the tent?

always the cool tube option?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Inkbird not inkbirk hahaha

Inkbird IHC-200

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I make that 14 plants.

Are you special & think that our forum rules are just for other people?

Goodbye!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (17-04-20), andymac (19-04-20), Bigdaddy 101 (17-04-20), funkydawg (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), Grower88 (17-04-20), jake420 (17-04-20), Lowrollerbean (22-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)