Thread: I have been noticing something odd with my bud..

Thanks

Unhappy I have been noticing something odd with my bud..

Hi all, i'm new to the forum and glad to be here! I have, maybe, a perplexing situation or maybe not one at all. The concern I have is that my bud might have been grown with "boosting" chemicals, not flushed, not dried or possibly contaminated. This bud smells strange. It doesn't have that "gas" or weed smell that it should have. Instead, it smells like cheerios, and has a strange feel to it, like its airy/compressed at the same time. I asked a few others who don't smoke and they can't notice a difference. But this definitely doesn't smell like anything top shelf. Some smaller buds look really bright green, almost to the point of me thinking it's fake bud. Can someone give me some insight? Thank you!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200417_142616.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	381765

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander_the_great69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Petal (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk Alex, enjoy dude. Does your weed get you stone? Doesn't look like real weed from the picture. JMO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Alexander_the_great69 (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_the_great69 View Post
    Hi all, i'm new to the forum and glad to be here! I have, maybe, a perplexing situation or maybe not one at all. The concern I have is that my bud might have been grown with "boosting" chemicals, not flushed, not dried or possibly contaminated. This bud smells strange. It doesn't have that "gas" or weed smell that it should have. Instead, it smells like cheerios, and has a strange feel to it, like its airy/compressed at the same time. I asked a few others who don't smoke and they can't notice a difference. But this definitely doesn't smell like anything top shelf. Some smaller buds look really bright green, almost to the point of me thinking it's fake bud. Can someone give me some insight? Thank you!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200417_142616.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	381765
    Dont hold me to it but ive had a couple of crops with a bit of mould (botrysis) and the affected bud had a strange spongy feel and not much/different strange smell to it. I tried to salvage around the mould and the final product resembles what you have here with a harsh taste.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by underground; 17-04-20 at 07:51 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Alexander_the_great69 (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

Thank you, it does get me stoned but it's extremely harsh (almost to the point of throwing up), I have had top shelf medical grade before that doesn't make me cough as much as this. It's just like a sponge and smells odd.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander_the_great69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

Thank you for the reply, and it definitely is spongey and the color of bud rot is on par to the color consistency found here. Is it safe to smoke? Or should I make some sort of extraction out of it or edible it?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander_the_great69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Thank you for the reply, and it definitely is spongey and the color of bud rot is on par to the color consistency found here. Is it safe to smoke? Or should I make some sort of extraction out of it or edible it?
    If it is moldy, than no it isn't safe to smoke. I would just dump it in the ben. JMO

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Alexander_the_great69 (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), M_C (17-04-20)

Thanks

Taking a closer look at the pictures mate it looks exactly the same as when ive picked around mouldy bud.. I personaly threw it away but that was due to me having a surplus of quality bud aswell so didn't miss throwing it away. Its down to personal preference really, I'm no expert but it cant be great consuming mould spores. Maby wait for a reply from someone who knows more about extraction and go from there. I would have a word with whoever you got it off lol.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Alexander_the_great69 (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

Hi Alexander,

it looks like plant growth retardant (PGR) has been used to grow it.

Terrible stuff and it's poisonous and it's often used by commercial growers in Asia and has glutted the market down under here.

One of the reasons I started growing years ago because I couldn't get decent bud anymore only this disgusting stuff which is touted as top stuff when it isn't.

Here is a link about pgr:
    https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/austr...gr-toxic-weed/

Hope this helps

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal For This Useful Post:

Alexander_the_great69 (17-04-20), GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Valentina (20-04-20)

Thanks

Literally just learned about this last week and am surprised I did not catch this. Wow, thank you so much. Thank you all. I always want the best for me and my health obviously. So only the best is acceptable! Or at least correctly grown. The description/symptoms match more than the mold, it matches it to a T.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander_the_great69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Petal (17-04-20)