Thread: Humidity differences between top and 2/3 way up the tent?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,898 Times

Default Humidity differences between top and 2/3 way up the tent?

Hi

I'm just a week into the point of starting the germination for my seeds

As is in my diary in the newbie corner on the diaries section....

I have my lights about 1m above the top of the airports

I hadn't turned the fans on yet but started getting a bit too warm (around 27-28C and 70-75% humidity, so then turned the fan on. On full speed it got a bit low for now, around 21C

This reading was on a Sonoff TH16 probe that is currently dangling through one of the top holes and dangling down as low as it can go which is a small amount above the parabolic shade

At the moment I have my RVK fan set to as low a speed as it possibly can without turning off on the fan speed controller dial.

I have now placed a Taotronics humidifier on the opposite side of the tent, and have turned this on and set its humidity setting to 70%. At the time it turned on it was reading saying it was 59% humidity (when the Sonoff probe higher up was reporting 47%

The tent is now closed up again and on checking, the TH16 on the eWelink app on the phone is now reporting as being 24.8C and 54% Humidity

TLDR : Is it normal for the humidity reading higher in the tent to be lower % than that at the bottom?

Cheers
    ----

My first diary - Watch me screw up

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ueless-newbie-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-20)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200419_171714.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	381904

The location where the probe is dangling at.

I can't lower it any further as the Sonoff itself is wedged close as I can get it to the tent without putting it inside the tent (which maybe a bit of a hazard (there will be plenty of tweaks on the go)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200419_171702.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	381905

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

This is where a good oscillating fan comes in... get all that air moving & mixing
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-20), Isolation (20-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    This is where a good oscillating fan comes in... get all that air moving & mixing
    Thanks -aah so I suppose a fan will push the humidity around a bit more

I don't have any oscillating fans, but have a couple of small clip on fans I plan to put i - I was thinking of connecting them to smartplugs - as can then have the Sonoff tell them to turn on/off at certain levels......They aren't oscillating ones however.

I haven't yet figured out how to a) attach them inside the tent, and b) the plug situation....they all seem to be very short plug cable lengths....and doesn't seem like a good idea to have an extension socket inside the tent

I was considering a tower fan, but from what I read, the fans should be blowing above the canopy and not at the plants direct

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isolation For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-20)