Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeat leaf problem

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    A shame, I was hoping you would say soft
    Does soft water give more issues than hard then?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

Reckon it'd be worth carrying on feeding if it's not showing signs of nute burn and give the leaves with some kind of neem oil treatment in case it's that mold thing? Or do you reckon thats probably not it? Had a hunt around and can only narrow it down to 2 possibilities atm, potassium or mold

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Gawd knows I don't wanna be evangelical about this, and there is no worse hobby for coming back to bite you on the arse once you offer any form of suggestion, but I had to ditch the idea of PM's organic range.

It was really tricky (but easier) in hard water and near impossible in soft water.

Plant Magic's non-organic nutrient range designed for either hard or soft water is definitely a step forward if you don't mind stepping away from organic.

Don't get me wrong: I don't wanna put my head above the ol' parapet here - I'm in the middle of my own teeny crisis (of my own doing) - but Old Timers is hard work and you just lurch from one issue to the next.

Again, I'm not even through one full cycle using the non-organic range so feel free to ignore me...I'm certainly not drawing a definite conclusion and only know what I know, but there have been murmurings for years that OT had changed and I believe it.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Does soft water give more issues than hard then?
    Yeah, soft water is often the cause of a calmag issue
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), Herbitual (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Anyway, just looked again at the pics... they are old leaves, they'll never fully recover. How is the new growth?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), Herbitual (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Anyway, just looked again at the pics... they are old leaves, they'll never fully recover. How is the new growth?
    The new growth comes through okay but if its anything like last time it'll quickly spread to smaller, newer leaves eventually. It's come through on fresher growth than what it started on. That last picture is in the middle of the plant.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), M_C (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Gawd knows I don't wanna be evangelical about this, and there is no worse hobby for coming back to bite you on the arse once you offer any form of suggestion, but I had to ditch the idea of PM's organic range.

It was really tricky (but easier) in hard water and near impossible in soft water.

Plant Magic's non-organic nutrient range designed for either hard or soft water is definitely a step forward if you don't mind stepping away from organic.

Don't get me wrong: I don't wanna put my head above the ol' parapet here - I'm in the middle of my own teeny crisis (of my own doing) - but Old Timers is hard work and you just lurch from one issue to the next.

Again, I'm not even through one full cycle using the non-organic range so feel free to ignore me...I'm certainly not drawing a definite conclusion and only know what I know, but there have been murmurings for years that OT had changed and I believe it.
    Fair play mate if thats been your experience with it. I had no real reason to move away from canna bio I was using last time, just wanted to try something new, ya know, shiney new toy an all that, money to spend. I'll carry on using pm this grow and see how it goes, nothing major with the other 2 main girls, bit of crappy airflow at one point left some rust marks.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), Herbitual (29-04-20)

Thanks

Fair play mate if thats been your experience with it. I had no real reason to move away from canna bio I was using last time, just wanted to try something new, ya know, shiney new toy an all that, money to spend. I'll carry on using pm this grow and see how it goes, nothing major with the other 2 main girls, bit of crappy airflow at one point left some rust marks.
    Oh, definitely - I love trying new stuff - like Organicus 99, for example - never again.

It's my experience to date, certainly. When you think about it, there's such a fundamental difference between hard and soft water that it's impossible to imagine how one product can be suitable for both...makes no sense at all.

You should see my kettle down here, for example.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeh I didn't realise how much there was to water til I checked if its hard or soft. I may switch and use canna bio in one of them as there's still about 5-6 wks to go

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

Yeh I didn't realise how much there was to water til I checked if its hard or soft. I may switch and use canna bio in one of them as there's still about 5-6 wks to go
    Same here.

I changed nutes halfway through my last cycle - never looked back - that was only my experience - your home could be at risk if you don't keep up repayments, etc.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast