Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeat leaf problem

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

Gonna spend time groping the leaves with baking soda, water and soap, fairy I guess, in a bit. Cut off the affected bits then wash the leaves that are left, if that fails then just keep feeding and let it ride out til chop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I have not read the whole thread so i apologize if already discussed.
    Do you PH balance your feeds? If not, then i would start with PH as most lockout is caused by PH imbalance and this looks like PH lockout to me.
    If you do PH and are certain that your equipment is accurate then my guess would be chlorine or chloramine in the water interfering with the nute bindings.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I have not read the whole thread so i apologize if already discussed.
    Do you PH balance your feeds? If not, then i would start with PH as most lockout is caused by PH imbalance and this looks like PH lockout to me.
    If you do PH and are certain that your equipment is accurate then my guess would be chlorine or chloramine in the water interfering with the nute bindings.
    Alright man, no I don't ph. I had a cheap one at the start but only used it once then most said not to bother with it in soil. Herb was saying about the PM ORGANIC OLD TIMERS range being a bit of a bitch, gonna struggle to get a ph meter, especially a good one. I have canna bio I could use instead but if it's a ph problem I guess it won't matter and I won't know til I test it
    Last edited by MrC; 29-04-20 at 06:56 PM. Reason: I stand corrected...said the man in the orthopedic shoes

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), Herbitual (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

I'm saying the organic range - Old Timers - is a cow...certainly not what it was.

Plant Magic does other ranges.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks

Cheeky cunt....I saw that edit. ;-)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just saw this while I was googling Herb, this sound familiar or make sense to you? If you can be arsed to read it was from 2016

I was trying to think back to when I switched from canna to pm ot bloom as when I 1st used these nutes I had fantastic unhindered results enough to make me jump ship from canna to pm...for a few seasons I was really impressed with this product but I think 2 seasons ago after buying a new bottle I started to get problems...mag & cal to be precise...& seems that many others were experiencing the same issues.. There seemed to be talk of pm changing the formula how & why I'm unsure of but then the company bring out a cal & may product but supposedly it kills the organic micro herd in the soil...now they've released a new mag product but I'm unsure yet if this can be run along side ot bloom...my point is that it was a great product a few seasons back & I could use just the bloom with out adding any bolt on's so to speak but now im really doubting this product..I grow the same way season in season out & only over the last two seasons have I had issues...what's every ones thoughts on the mine field that pm seem to be creating with additives that I feel I never needed a few seasons ago?...I'm really thinking of going back to canna this year but just for the bloom nutes as I still rate there veg grow ...but at least with canna I no one product with see me threw till the end of flower with out any costly bolt on's...are any gger's thinking along the same lines

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Alright man, no I don't ph. I had a cheap one at the start but only used it once then most said not to bother with it in soil. Herb was saying about the PM range being a bit of a bitch, gonna struggle to get a ph meter, especially a good one. I have canna bio I could use instead but if it's a ph problem I guess it won't matter and I won't know til I test it
    I have proven many times that liquid nutes require PH balancing. When you have a problem free grow you are getting lucky.

I just got a new dry organic ammendment called earth dust. Manufacturer says that with PH stable soil and PH stable water you are okay to not PH balance. But if tap water is below 6 or above 7 then PHing is required. Organic, soil does not matter. If PH is out of whack the plants have issues.

My guess is thar when you mix the nutes you are getting a feed PH of about 4.5 or 5. Plant will not uptake the liquid mineral salts with this PH.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20), WhIpLaSh (29-04-20)

Thanks

Ok man thanks, so if thats the case do I need a ph up or something? I'll have to work on getting a ph meter quickly, any recomendations for the cheapest one actually worth buying?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

Just saw this while I was googling Herb, this sound familiar or make sense to you? If you can be arsed to read it was from 2016

I was trying to think back to when I switched from canna to pm ot bloom as when I 1st used these nutes I had fantastic unhindered results enough to make me jump ship from canna to pm...for a few seasons I was really impressed with this product but I think 2 seasons ago after buying a new bottle I started to get problems...mag & cal to be precise...& seems that many others were experiencing the same issues.. There seemed to be talk of pm changing the formula how & why I'm unsure of but then the company bring out a cal & may product but supposedly it kills the organic micro herd in the soil...now they've released a new mag product but I'm unsure yet if this can be run along side ot bloom...my point is that it was a great product a few seasons back & I could use just the bloom with out adding any bolt on's so to speak but now im really doubting this product..I grow the same way season in season out & only over the last two seasons have I had issues...what's every ones thoughts on the mine field that pm seem to be creating with additives that I feel I never needed a few seasons ago?...I'm really thinking of going back to canna this year but just for the bloom nutes as I still rate there veg grow ...but at least with canna I no one product with see me threw till the end of flower with out any costly bolt on's...are any gger's thinking along the same lines
    I'm a reader so we're good.

Yes, I think that was the experience of many. I seem to remember that PM fell into the hands of another company - or at least the menu changed. There was a paradigm shift either way.

I love the idea of growing weed organically, I really do, but not at the expense of quality buds.

I've said it many times, but organic apple orchards look terrible. The apples taste amazing. However, when weed yields (illegal that it is to grow in the UK) start suffering, then you have to try to make the best of the time you have. Persisting with an organic grow in a tent at the foot of one's bed and failing soon becomes a bore. You need results, not organic experience.

A simplistic argument, certainly, but I am sure you know what I'm getting at.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok man thanks, so if thats the case do I need a ph up or something? I'll have to work on getting a ph meter quickly, any recomendations for the cheapest one actually worth buying?
    I have never used your nutes so first confirm the nute mix PH then get the UP or Down unless you want to get both now just to have. Some nutes raise PH and some Lower it and some have PH stabilizers in them and then this would not be a PH issue. (PH stabalized nutes are a bad idea since all water sources are different and even a single source can vary day by day)

Ask Icecalibur about the PH meters. Mine is the Milwaukee PH55 which is the best i ever used but not cheap. I believe Icecalibur found a much cheaper one that works just as well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast