Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Repeat leaf problem

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I'm a reader so we're good.

Yes, I think that was the experience of many. I seem to remember that PM fell into the hands of another company - or at least the menu changed. There was a paradigm shift either way.

I love the idea of growing weed organically, I really do, but not at the expense of quality buds.

I've said it many times, but organic apple orchards look terrible. The apples taste amazing. However, when weed yields (illegal that it is to grow in the UK) start suffering, then you have to try to make the best of the time you have. Persisting with an organic grow in a tent at the foot of one's bed and failing soon becomes a bore. You need results, not organic experience.

A simplistic argument, certainly, but I am sure you know what I'm getting at.
    This is why i still have a full set of mineral salt nutes on hand. I start out organic water only but if i see issues i break out the bottles. Direct feed to roots is much faster than trying to fix soil imbalance.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), Herbitual (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,039 Times

Ice isn't about atm mate, I could open up a can of worms...I mean a thread lol about ph meters but I reckon google should sort me out via reviews, stick to milwaukee or the other brand which will no doubt come up, but if you and ice have mil then I'll go for that. Would a good flush be advisable? As its been fed heavily twice recently.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Alright man, no I don't ph. I had a cheap one at the start but only used it once then most said not to bother with it in soil. Herb was saying about the PM ORGANIC OLD TIMERS range being a bit of a bitch, gonna struggle to get a ph meter, especially a good one. I have canna bio I could use instead but if it's a ph problem I guess it won't matter and I won't know til I test it
    I used canna bio. It killed my plants. That's when i learned to PH.

PH test strips are very cheap. PH up and Down are very cheap. You need tiny amounts.

Test strips dont provide the accuracy of a good meter but will get you in a much safer range and also confirm if this is a PH problem.

Tag me when you get the strips.

PH of the water you use. If you let it rest then test after it rests right before using.

PH of the nute mix.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks

Ice isn't about atm mate, I could open up a can of worms...I mean a thread lol about ph meters but I reckon google should sort me out via reviews, stick to milwaukee or the other brand which will no doubt come up, but if you and ice have mil then I'll go for that. Would a good flush be advisable? As its been fed heavily twice recently.
    Nah. I will find it. Gimme some time. Cooking at the moment.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You are UK?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nevermind. I am not finding it. Start with the strips since they are very cheap. Lets test first and go from there.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeh uk mate, I'll try grab some tomorrow, reckon a chemist would have them?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks

So just something basic like this, says ph 1-14. Then grab some ph up and down too, probably have to order that

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Just saw this while I was googling Herb, this sound familiar or make sense to you? If you can be arsed to read it was from 2016

I was trying to think back to when I switched from canna to pm ot bloom as when I 1st used these nutes I had fantastic unhindered results enough to make me jump ship from canna to pm...for a few seasons I was really impressed with this product but I think 2 seasons ago after buying a new bottle I started to get problems...mag & cal to be precise...& seems that many others were experiencing the same issues.. There seemed to be talk of pm changing the formula how & why I'm unsure of but then the company bring out a cal & may product but supposedly it kills the organic micro herd in the soil...now they've released a new mag product but I'm unsure yet if this can be run along side ot bloom...my point is that it was a great product a few seasons back & I could use just the bloom with out adding any bolt on's so to speak but now im really doubting this product..I grow the same way season in season out & only over the last two seasons have I had issues...what's every ones thoughts on the mine field that pm seem to be creating with additives that I feel I never needed a few seasons ago?...I'm really thinking of going back to canna this year but just for the bloom nutes as I still rate there veg grow ...but at least with canna I no one product with see me threw till the end of flower with out any costly bolt on's...are any gger's thinking along the same lines
    I mentioned something similar over a year ago
    I was Using the Pm bloom with their k 4-8 and was having great results then I was running low so I went to my usual store and got a replacement and noticed when I got back the contents were lighter in colour, then flowering came and I noticed straight away the plants were getting deficiencies so I started mixing in 1 or 2 mil of biobizz fish mix every 2nd watering and it sorted the plants out.
    When that bottle ran out I started using Organicus as I wanted one bottle does all like the old bloom used to but the plants looked like scorched earth while getting other deficiencies with just the lowest amount fed, I've got a few weeks to find something different or I'm going back to the bloom and fishmix combo but I hear good things about tiger bloom that I'm itching to try

I had a read about my water supply and it was like reading a horror novel arsenic, benzine to name but a few of the shite that's in it that I'm surprised that any microbes even exist in my soil
    Doesn't really feel like organic growing this way
    I'd would love to build my own soil like I think redz does but I think that's years of knowledge just that you can't just bump through

TLDR version... Ive seen a lot of these brown spots showing up in the help topics over the past year
    Hope you get it sorted chap
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 29-04-20 at 07:58 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), MrC (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I mentioned something similar over a year ago
    I was Using the Pm bloom with their k 4-8 and was having great results then I was running low so I went to my usual store and got a replacement and noticed when I got back the contents were lighter in colour, then flowering came and I noticed straight away the plants were getting deficiencies so I started mixing in 1 or 2 mil of biobizz fish mix every 2nd watering and it sorted the plants out.
    When that bottle ran out I started using Organicus as I wanted one bottle does all like the old bloom used to but the plants looked like scorched earth while getting other deficiencies with just the lowest amount fed, I've got a few weeks to find something different or I'm going back to the bloom and fishmix combo but I hear good things about tiger bloom that I'm itching to try

I had a read about my water supply and it was like reading a horror novel arsenic, benzine to name but a few of the shite that's in it that I'm surprised that any microbes even exist in my soil
    Doesn't really feel like organic growing this way
    I'd would love to build my own soul like I think redz does but I think that's years of knowledge just that you can't just bump through

TLDR version... Ive seen a lot of these brown spots showing up in the help topics over the past year
    Hope you get it sorted chap
    Atb
    Cheers man, funny how we only see the positives before buyin never saw any negative reviews or opinions before for the ot organic. Get these strips and see what the ph does and go from there I guess, other plants are ok atm touch wood. The water detail on trent is ridiculous, it is scarey man.
    I looked at living soil very briefly and you're right I reckon, not something you just dive in to.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), Greengrass (29-04-20)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast