Thread: Magic Butter Alcohol Tincture

Thanks

Default Magic Butter Alcohol Tincture

So I decided to have a go. Here's what I did if anyone's interested, I've seen loads of different ways including just cold extraction methods but this is what I did in the end and it's worked really well.

Equipment:
    2 ounces of ugly West Coast Og flower
    500ml Spirytus alcohol
    Magic butter machine
    Magic Butter Decarbox
    Slow cooker
    Pyrex jug
    Fan
    Jam jars

1. Decarbed 2 ounces in the Magic butter silicone box at about 125c for 45mins.

2. Added to alcohol inside the Magic Butter Machine - broken up with hands but not ground.

3. I opted for an 8 hour 130f 'brew'.

4. Squeezed it out and ended up with 400ml from a 500ml start volume.

5. Put it in a pyrex jug and then in the rice cooker in water, raised temp and evaporated off the alcohol to approx 200ml of liquid. This is where I needed the fan, with the alcohol being so flammable this part was all done outside with the fan pointing on it.

My maths may not be entirely accurate as there's so many factors to consider but this should have yielded me 200ml of alcohol based tincture with a strength of ''somewhere near'' - 35mg thc per ml. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Been popping a ml or 2 into any drink I have in the sun and its beautiful. There's also the option of evaporating more alcohol off and ending up with a Feco paste, or adding a different carrier like coconut oil for cooking with.

Also worth noting is that you can achieve the same thing without the magic butter machine and in under 5 minutes with cold solvent extraction but I wanted to try this.

Hope someone finds this interesting.

McT

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (25-04-20), GEORGE (25-04-20), Justeatit (15-05-20), Mac (25-04-20), M_C (25-04-20), Tyco (25-04-20)