Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unsure on what lighting to use

Thanks

Wink Unsure on what lighting to use

Hello, I am looking to grow for the first time but I am having issues on what lighting to use. My grow space is quite small, 2.8FT LONG, 1FT WIDE AND 2FT HIGH. I have looked into lighting but I'm still not to sure if I have have the distance for an led or hps. I have looked at using CFL but I'm a bit unsure as some people are saying that they are not powerful enough for Flowering. So if anyone has any answers that would be great thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeDew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20), Mac (25-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JakeDew View Post
    Hello, I am looking to grow for the first time but I am having issues on what lighting to use. My grow space is quite small, 2.8FT LONG, 1FT WIDE AND 2FT HIGH. I have looked into lighting but I'm still not to sure if I have have the distance for an led or hps. I have looked at using CFL but I'm a bit unsure as some people are saying that they are not powerful enough for Flowering. So if anyone has any answers that would be great thanks.
    That is a tight space, I wouldn’t go hps for heat reasons. what sort of fans have you got taking the air out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ads50 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

need to find a bigger space

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks

At the moment I only have 2 clip on fans to just move the air around but this is due the
    the space but I know hps and leds need to be quite far away from the canopy and I dont want to risk
    bleaching or burning my plant could I use cfl or t5 lighting?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeDew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks

Yea don’t see why not, u only need one little fan in that space , what exhaust have u got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ads50 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, At the moment I have nothing, as I'm not sure where I would put the exhaust at the moment.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeDew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,020 Times

Trying to imagine that space mate, width/length you could get away with but 2ft high? Dunno about that mate, you grown in it before? Even a 1 ltr pot is half a foot, leaves 1 1/2 ft for plant and light. Cfl will get hot in there, plus thats about 4 inch or so of your space, not even giving room above it.You'd suffer yield with cfl, won't get as much but it will go all the way through start to finish if you use dual spec. Having said that Some ppl grow in pc cases so....
    Have a look at this, may help, there are similar threads

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...el-light-build

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks

Okay thanks, I have found another place which makes it around 2.5ft if that's any better, I had a look at the links but the pictures had gone, so wpuld the extra 1/2 ft help or not really?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeDew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

What are your expectations for yield? With an extra foot in height you could aim for 3oz easy, whereas in two foot you're gonna be looking at close to half that and you'll need to train a lot.
    Big cfls take up a lot of room so many micro growers are now opting for DIY leds. I'd keep that space as a starting area and invest in a tent or cabinet that's at least 3 ft... and the stink during flower will make you need to consider a carbon filter... again, DIY is possible, otherwise it's a big item to conceal.
    Last edited by Silkadin; 25-04-20 at 03:40 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Getting better

Check out my signature links if you want... one is for a 85cm height grow box and light. The other is my current diary growing in my cupboard... 90cm grow height and fan and filter hidden under it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast