Thread: What I've Learned in My First Indoor Grow

Thanks

Default What I've Learned in My First Indoor Grow

Been both an outdoor and greenhouse grower for 4 decades, but this was my first time indoor under lights. Here's a few things I learned, I had a very successful grow, I'm about a week or two from harvest.

Use good quality amended soil.

My two 2000W LED's with Veg/Bloom settings (385 actual draw each) provides more than enough light for 6.5Ft X 6.5 Ft. x 7 ft in both Veg and Bloom

Next time add a fan in the tent to provide some air movement and strengthen the branches, so they don't fall over or have to be supported during late flower.

Go easy on nutes when plants are small.

Use nutrients slightly less than recommended (at least for the first run in good soil).

Try not to mix strains, as they may not grow the same rate. I grew San Fernanado Valley OG (Kush) and Purple Starburst, the purple starburst grew much taller, so I had to adjust the lights in half the tent

Keep LED lights 30"-36" from seedlings/clones until they get several sets of leaves.

Keep the LED Lights at least 24" from the top of the plant once they are established.

Be consistent with feeding and watering, more is not always better (do not over water!!!)

Keep an eye on humidity, particularly in late flower to avoid bud rot (I was lucky, my garage is very dry, and during bloom it was easy to keep humidity around 40%) for added humidity a pan of water with gravel or clay pellets sticking up works great.

It's a weed, it grows easy, don't overthink it!!

I'll post up some pics when I harvest. Hope this helps somebody

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-20), Lowrollerbean (26-04-20), Mac (26-04-20), Quotientcatalysed (27-04-20)