Thread: Twisted plants showing deficiencies

Thanks

Default Twisted plants showing deficiencies

Soil or hydro or coco: HYDRO

Strain: BLUEBERRY GHOST OG

plant age: 3 WEEKS

pot size: 8ltr

Air temps (max min): 22c - 19c

Res temps (max min): 22c(very rare) 19c(95%)

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 3x 900w LED

Light schedule: 16/6

ph level: 5.8

EC (hydro and coco only) 1 (PPM 500)

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco) flora series following the flora feeding guide)

Hi all. This is my first grow in hydroponics and I’m having some trouble. Plants started off growing well but are now growing well but have since started developing signs of root rot. Growth has slowed down and leaves are twisting with signs of deficiencies.

I’m running 8 in a RDWC under 3 900w led lights. Set up all seems fine. Ph is around 5.8. Temp stays around 20c but has risen to around 23 at points. I don’t have a water chiller but the water temp is usually around 19/20. PPM is around 500 and I’m feeding with flora go series.

First noticed signed of root rot around a week ago and introduced hydro guard into the res. The roots don’t seem to be getting worse but the plants don’t seem to be getting better. Worse if anything. I changed the res a few days ago but this also hasn’t helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dre123; 26-04-20 at 07:35 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dre123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-20), WhIpLaSh (26-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

I don’t grow RDWC but I do know nutrient water over 20C gets funky.

I had to clean 100lt of reservoirs this weekend thanks to the outdoor temps.

Are you running a hydroclear or other product?
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-20)

Thanks

I’ll be investing in a water chiller on the next grow. I started added hydrogaurd about 4/5 days ago

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dre123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dre123 View Post
    Soil or hydro or coco: HYDRO

Strain: BLUEBERRY GHOST OG

plant age: 3 WEEKS

pot size: 8ltr

Air temps (max min): 22c - 19c

Res temps (max min): 22c(very rare) 19c(95%)

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 3x 900w LED

Light schedule: 16/6

ph level: 5.8

EC (hydro and coco only) 1 (PPM 500)

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco) flora series following the flora feeding guide)

Hi all. This is my first grow in hydroponics and I’m having some trouble. Plants started off growing well but are now growing well but have since started developing signs of root rot. Growth has slowed down and leaves are twisting with signs of deficiencies.

I’m running 8 in a RDWC under 3 900w led lights. Set up all seems fine. Ph is around 5.8. Temp stays around 20c but has risen to around 23 at points. I don’t have a water chiller but the water temp is usually around 19/20. PPM is around 500 and I’m feeding with flora go series.

First noticed signed of root rot around a week ago and introduced hydro guard into the res. The roots don’t seem to be getting worse but the plants don’t seem to be getting better. Worse if anything. I changed the res a few days ago but this also hasn’t helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Couple of things. What scale of PPM are you measuring with? Hanna? Also, what is is the background EC of your tap water?
    Res temps are a concern but my gut says you're overfeeding them. Let me know about the above? Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it...

EDIT: Just saw you're following a feed schedule/chart. That almost convinces me that you're over-feeding...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Couple of things. What scale of PPM are you measuring with? Hanna? Also, what is is the background EC of your tap water?
    Res temps are a concern but my gut says you're overfeeding them. Let me know about the above? Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it...

EDIT: Just saw you're following a feed schedule/chart. That almost convinces me that you're over-feeding...
    Over feeding is what I’m leaning towards. I’ve changed the res today and lowered the nutrients.

I’m using blue lad truncheon. Put the truncheon in the tap water and no lights have appeared

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dre123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-20), WhIpLaSh (26-04-20)

Thanks

Over feeding is what I’m leaning towards. I’ve changed the res today and lowered the nutrients.

I’m using blue lad truncheon. Put the truncheon in the tap water and no lights have appeared

That means your tap water is very soft. I used to have the same. But more importantly it also means that you're feeding your plants at 1.0 EC which is way too much for this stage. Perhaps drop it down to 0.3 - 0.4 EC (150-200 PPM) and check the new growth. The old leaf damage is done so forget about those leafs. Give it a couple if days and I'm sure they'll perk right up

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-20), M_C (26-04-20)

Thanks

That means your tap water is very soft. I used to have the same. But more importantly it also means that you're feeding your plants at 1.0 EC which is way too much for this stage. Perhaps drop it down to 0.3 - 0.4 EC (150-200 PPM) and check the new growth. The old leaf damage is done so forget about those leafs. Give it a couple if days and I'm sure they'll perk right up
    Okay cool. Will do. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dre123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-20), WhIpLaSh (26-04-20)

Thanks

Okay cool. Will do. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it

No worries, dude.

You'll know when to increase the feed when the reservoir/bucket EC/PPM readings start dropping. That means the plants are feeding and you can incrementally increase the feed.

Here's also a chart that's a lifesaver for hydro growing. When X does Y, wtf does it mean? Well, the chart'll sort you

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Dre123 (26-04-20), GEORGE (27-04-20), Jingo (13-05-20), Lowrollerbean (26-04-20), M_C (26-04-20)

Thanks

No worries, dude.

You'll know when to increase the feed when the reservoir/bucket EC/PPM readings start dropping. That means the plants are feeding and you can incrementally increase the feed.

Here's also a chart that's a lifesaver for hydro growing. When X does Y, wtf does it mean? Well, the chart'll sort you
    Perfect. Thanks again

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dre123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-20), Jingo (13-05-20), WhIpLaSh (26-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,579 Times

I just looked up that kit you're using and I don't really know recirculating deep water culture, but I just can't imagine a 20 l per minute air pump is going to run 8 buckets.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20), Karsa (14-05-20)