Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Canna coco feeding

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    My bad i shall apologise there I didn't mean to cast you under some sort of umbrella when I don't know you or your character personally that was wrong ..

I have seen a few people on here using or recommending silica foliar sprays for veg even early flower to support the buds that's coming .. if you break open street bud and use a jewelers loupe you see beads covering all of the stems and even inside the buds as they grow over it .. now I'm not saying that's what people do on here certainly not , there's lots of tricks the black market use to get the 'quality' and so called consistency on they're product but how the normal hobbyist or enthusiast who wants a good quality product started doing this I'll never know , I rmemeber when people boycotted Rizla because they used silica in they're rolling papers and still do I think don't quote me on that haven't used em myself in years .. just seems people once cared soo deeply about silica and tried to avoid it all costs now it's everywhere , maybe I'm just from and completely different generation who's happier with pure ruderalis Thai weed , columbian brick or the old Lebanese blonde hash , the good old days lol
    People may avoided silica like you say. I honestly dont know. But liquid silcon is a silica supplement for hydro or coco growers as they obviously not soil which most contain silica in different levels. Liquid silicon was not, and is not needed. But botanists have done research on the benefits of silica in plants. So now us non soil growers have the choice wether we want to incorporate these benefits with our grows.
    I have never....sprayed anything onto my buds. And never will. The only time I foliar spray my plants, is occasionally with diluted epsom salts to try fix a magnesium deficiency.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20), Mac (05-06-20), scoobywho (05-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

From the FDA

Silicon dioxide (silica) has been assessed for its pesticidal uses by the Agency and it was determined that the toxicity of this compound is moderate to low and therefore, the human health risk is low and not unreasonable. Further, silicon dioxide is recognized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be a Generally-Recognized As Safe (GRAS) substance, as a food additive (21 CFR 182.90 and 182.1711).
    Comprehensive reviews and risk assessments have been conducted on silicon dioxide (silica) and its related soluble silicates with regard to its toxicity to human health and have concluded that silica and its soluble silicates (potassium silicate) are low in toxicity and the primary hazard of concern is the corrosive nature of the compound. The corrosive nature of potassium silicate is not of a concern when used as a very dilute solution (less than or equal to 1%). The soluble silicates include: potassium silicate, sodium silicate and sodium metasilicate, the latter of which the Agency has exempted in diluted form from the requirement of a tolerance for use on all food commodities. Additionally, the FDA has determined that sodium silicate and potassium silicate can be used interchangeably which substantiates information in the public literature that the compounds are very similar.

This from the nhs

Silicosis

Silicosis is a long-term lung disease caused by inhaling large amounts of crystalline silica dust, usually over many years.
    Silica is a substance naturally found in certain types of stone, rock, sand and clay. Working with these materials can create a very fine dust that can be easily inhaled.
    Once inside the lungs, the dust particles are attacked by the immune system.
    This causes swelling (inflammation) and gradually leads to areas of hardened and scarred lung tissue (fibrosis). Lung tissue that's scarred in this way doesn't function properly.
    People who work in the following industries are particularly at risk:

stone masonry and stone cutting – especially with sandstone

construction and demolition – as a result of exposure to concrete and paving materials

pottery, ceramics and glass manufacturing

mining and quarrying

sand blasting.

Potassium silicate has been widely sprayed on agricultural crops for years mate so if it was harmful then surely farmers would be on that list.

Simple fact is its unwise to spray anything once buds are forming as you got a chance of residue so it's up to each grower. They Crystal's you could be seeing are glass frosting spray or sugar both well known for being used by unscrupulous cunts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20), Mac (05-06-20), RASTA (05-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Just a tip if you think your buds have been sprayed run your finger over a bud so some Crystal's come off on your finger, rub it on your gums if its sweet ya got sugar if it snaps or crackles most likley glass frosting spray.

If your still unsure break a bit off and torch it if the ash residue is all black and/or greasy it's most likley been adulterated.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (05-06-20), GEORGE (05-06-20), Mac (05-06-20), RASTA (05-06-20)

Thanks

What the heeeellllll is going on in this thread hahaha

Arrange a fight after school guys lol

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adriaanoo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20), RASTA (05-06-20), scoobywho (05-06-20), SmokeDMT (14-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Quite comical reading through this, correct me if I'm wrong but your talking about crystalline silica dust...that is poisonous to human but most other forms of silica are not, come on you never played in the dirt when you where a kid? Or held a quartz which in turn is used to make glass which you drink from there for I guess we're all going to get sick from drinking form a fecking glass, sorry for your mate that has the condition but I highly doubt it is through smoking weed

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20), RASTA (05-06-20), scoobywho (05-06-20)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7