Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Canna coco feeding

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Bluelab Combi is what I would go for if moneys not an issue or I was replacing soon. Does EC + PH and has changeable probes so when it dies just plug a new one in rather than buying a whole new unit.
    I went with their EC truncheon and separate PH pen but will be grabbing the combi when the PH pen packs up. Clean and calibrate em regularly and they stay accurate and last. Lost track how many times I've dropped the pen in my buckets, still kicking
    Thanks mate deffo gonna give them them a looking into hopefully my local hydro shop stocks them as I like to just go back if anything breaks not have to email and post off etc .. ywha money's not too much of an issue with this stuff as I'd rather spend the money once have reliable equipment rather than having to mess about spending £15 on cheap pens every month or 2

Haha liking the waterproofing too , some companies never say it but if they build a quality product it lasts and I can be prone to little accidents haha nice one deffo be giving them a look

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Mac (04-06-20), RASTA (04-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    Yeah thats it m8. Just rhizo to get better healthier root growth.
    N never go with those company feeding charts. Rattle through yer nutes in no time lol.
    But get a diary up bro, am sure youl do great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm sure they do it just to post out litres of the stuff haha

I've seen people using rhizotonic as a foliar spray ? Would you recommend this .. I'm not really planning on doing that tbh would rather just mix it before a and b or when they're seedlings add a bit to they're pure water to help them get going on the root system ..

Also one last question what silica product would people recommend for coco ? I'm not thrilled on the idea but understand the science has come along way and can see it's benefits to strong branches and stem structure but have no idea if this is mixed in with regular nutes as I've seen people taking about adding separately ..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Mac (04-06-20), RASTA (04-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    Thanks mate deffo gonna give them them a looking into hopefully my local hydro shop stocks them as I like to just go back if anything breaks not have to email and post off etc .. ywha money's not too much of an issue with this stuff as I'd rather spend the money once have reliable equipment rather than having to mess about spending £15 on cheap pens every month or 2

Haha liking the waterproofing too , some companies never say it but if they build a quality product it lasts and I can be prone to little accidents haha nice one deffo be giving them a look
    They aren't the cheapest and there are absolutely other brands that are just as good for the same or less, Apera, Hanna Instruments etc. I went thru a few ebay pens before saying fuck it invest in quality. Bluelab was just the first I picked from them all to try based on their reputation... Had it 2 years now, still on the same battery and still calibrates in seconds. And as Rasta says the warranty to back it if it does go tits up That quality is worth the premium to me ymmv.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), RASTA (04-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (04-06-20)

Thanks

Yeah I'm sure they do it just to post out litres of the stuff haha

I've seen people using rhizotonic as a foliar spray ? Would you recommend this .. I'm not really planning on doing that tbh would rather just mix it before a and b or when they're seedlings add a bit to they're pure water to help them get going on the root system ..

Also one last question what silica product would people recommend for coco ? I'm not thrilled on the idea but understand the science has come along way and can see it's benefits to strong branches and stem structure but have no idea if this is mixed in with regular nutes as I've seen people taking about adding separately ..
    Check out PotSil on ebay, Fantastic stuff. I don't use it now as my current nute line has plenty but still keep a bottle in stock. Cheap as chips too. Raises your PH savagely as most silica do so add it to your water first, mix it and let sit for an hour before adding anything else or it will solidify when your nutes react with it

the little 159ml juice pack makes 1500 gallons so will last ya awhile at 5.99
    Last edited by Mac; 04-06-20 at 04:21 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (04-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    They aren't the cheapest and there are absolutely other brands that are just as good for the same or less, Apera, Hanna Instruments etc. I went thru a few ebay pens before saying fuck it invest in quality. Bluelab was just the first I picked from them all to try based on their reputation... Had it 2 years now, still on the same battery and still calibrates in seconds. And as Rasta says the warranty to back it if it does go tits up That quality is worth the premium to me ymmv.
    Always been my thoughts exactly sometimes you get what you pay for , at least I find with electrical products and anything that requires precision and you will save in the long run on money and headaches haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Mac (04-06-20)

Thanks

Thank mate I'll give them a little look , I haven't seen many silica products people would recommend with coco , I'm very against the idea but I know plants get big and fail to support them self's quickly haha silica weren't about in my day and if anyone mentioned adding it to plants there would of been uproar .. I've noticed the street dealers now spray the crops with silica too ?? I've had multiple bits I've brought from various sources and once looked at under a jewelers loupe what looks like thc crystals is actually little beads of silica .. very strange I guess there's disgusting tricks they use to skip the drying and curing completely we'll never know same as that fake cali stuff that's always in the UK rock hard and just completely un natural, this time back around it was because I've become disgusted with all the silica in street products but I'm learning it's now just become the common way to do things ? I really don't want to smoke the stuff but I guess I'm gonna have to add a little if I don't want my trees collapsing again or bamboo everywhere I don't really have the time in ways of training and supports to be put in place ..
    Last edited by UkMedicalGrower; 04-06-20 at 04:28 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd never spend money on bottled water to water my plants.

Better use RO, if not, send me some money, bring the van and I can give you much more from my tap mate haha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adriaanoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a friend who actually has silicosis, how this has become normal place to put into cannabis I'll never know I thought people where always aware of the dangers from silica I understand the humidity packs to absorb moisture they do it in shoes but this whole silica being used now just seems very alien and not healthy to me

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

I have a friend who actually has silicosis, how this has become normal place to put into cannabis I'll never know I thought people where always aware of the dangers from silica I understand the humidity packs to absorb moisture they do it in shoes but this whole silica being used now just seems very alien and not healthy to me
    Most soils contain sand which is usually silica, but coco doesn't contain any silica at all. It makes perfect sense to supplement coco with silica some people are starting to supplement chloride also, because coco is so well washed these days.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can achieve stronger stems thru airflow if you really don't want to add silica. Probably a good job ya not growing soil then considering the earths crust is ~59% silica

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Uv123_4 (04-06-20)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast