Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power- Does it actually work ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power- Does it actually work ??

I don't normally like knocking products and naming the brand especially a UK based company but I do have my doubts regarding Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power.

I know loads of people on here use it and I also know (suspect) some members may have connections within Buddhas Tree as a company, BUT!

I have used Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power for over a year for no other reason than it was recommend here and it doesn't raise the PH like other Silica supplements.

It wasn't until I changed to another brand that I noticed a dramatic difference in stem strength and thickness. I thought it was just strain dependent so went back to BTSP for easiness but once again I couldn't really tell much difference from when I did not use Silica at all.

Now back on the other brand again which it must be said puts the PH through the roof but back to thick solid woody stems (which of course I need to hold my massive colas )

I ask does Silicic acid do the job, In my personal experience it does not.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (28-04-20), Jumper114 (29-04-20), tom222 (30-04-20), underground (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I don't normally like knocking products and naming the brand especially a UK based company but I do have my doubts regarding Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power.

I know loads of people on here use it and I also know (suspect) some members may have connections within Buddhas Tree as a company, BUT!

I have used Buddhas Tree - Solar Green Power for over a year for no other reason than it was recommend here and it doesn't raise the PH like other Silica supplements.

It wasn't until I changed to another brand that I noticed a dramatic difference in stem strength and thickness. I thought it was just strain dependent so went back to BTSP for easiness but once again I couldn't really tell much difference from when I did not use Silica at all.

Now back on the other brand again which it must be said puts the PH through the roof but back to thick solid woody stems (which of course I need to hold my massive colas )

I ask does Silicic acid do the job, In my personal experience it does not.
    Was only talking to someone earlier about this... i have gone off buddahs tree products using vitalink silicone now, don't rate the pk either. I'm not saying anyone is wrong if they are using it or disputing the results of anyone else. Just my personal opinion

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), Jumper114 (29-04-20), toblue (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    Was only talking to someone earlier about this... i have gone off buddahs tree products using vitalink silicone now, don't rate the pk either. I'm not saying anyone is wrong if they are using it or disputing the results of anyone else. Just my personal opinion

I did use Buddhas full range at one point a few years ago, now I don't. Just started Floriculture yellow bottles and the plants are loving it, Still using General hydroponics 3 part for veg just because I have loads left, I had cacium deficiency issues around week 3-4 into flower when using GH 3 part for flower.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (29-04-20)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I've never seen buddahs range be recommended, everyone has a preference but the most popular to my understanding is that off the canna brand nutes and for organics most have home made nutes/ top dressings

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I've never seen buddahs range be recommended, everyone has a preference but the most popular to my understanding is that off the canna brand nutes and for organics most have home made nutes/ top dressings

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    In truth Buddahs Tree was promoted by a few on this site quite blatantly a while back, not seen much of them lately but that's how it goes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Yes i have used there pk 9/18 which is mega strong although i just didnt get on with it.

I do still use the flower burst as i like to give the girls a little bit of phrophrus early on.

I would probly use another brand with similar npk, just have bt left over from previoius grow.

I have got to mention one of the biggest issues ive had is with the nutrient becoming very crystallised in the bottle even when i have purchased a new bottle I open it up and no matter how much you shake it theres shit loads of white power at the bottom.

My views of there silica is the same just use it cos of ph nutrual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), toblue (30-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

I use their range and unlike the others find it very good.

I use it at very low levels compared to most I would imagine. 1ml of a+b per 5lt in veg.

Horses for courses but I ain’t got no complaints at all. My girls seem to thrive.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), LoveBudd (01-05-20), toblue (30-04-20), tom222 (30-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    I use their range and unlike the others find it very good.

I use it at very low levels compared to most I would imagine. 1ml of a+b per 5lt in veg.

Horses for courses but I ain’t got no complaints at all. My girls seem to thrive.
    Yeah I second too that also mate
    low dose always
    Seem to have healthy plants no problems to report

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Yes i have used there pk 9/18 which is mega strong although i just didnt get on with it.

I do still use the flower burst as i like to give the girls a little bit of phrophrus early on.

I would probly use another brand with similar npk, just have bt left over from previoius grow.

I have got to mention one of the biggest issues ive had is with the nutrient becoming very crystallised in the bottle even when i have purchased a new bottle I open it up and no matter how much you shake it theres shit loads of white power at the bottom.

My views of there silica is the same just use it cos of ph nutrual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with you on the old solution becoming weird at the bottom mate
    Thought it was from where I've spilt feed along the top of bottle causing it to dry out and fall back into bottle when reopened

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), tom222 (01-05-20), underground (30-04-20)

Thanks

All around the thread and lid of my flower burst bottle has crystallized, put it down to it being very consentrated stuff.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), tom222 (01-05-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast