Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 65% Humidity in drying, is this a big issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    Thank you for your input mate! I definitely love the fact that i will smoke my own shit, no matter the quality.It's better to everything i can find here on the streets. I don't grow in drobe, i grow in a tent.But my tent is occupied by the other plant i have and it's not suitable for drying because of the LED light. Hehehe, i guess nobody has the sweetspot humidity or temp in his house for cannabis growing. You must be lucky to have a natural sweet spot . All the rest, we improvise . Hm... Don't quote me on that either but how about having a few glasses of water to where the fan hits, in order to raise the room humidity a bit. Play with the positioning of the glasses , either pointing directly to the fan ,or near it, or near your buds. I don't know. something to get the humidity just a bit higher. By the way, i was only suggesting pointing the fan directly at the buds, as a last resort. For the specific case that i'm on the 7th-10th day of drying with the existing humidity ( harvest time was this Monday) , and the buds still look more moist that normally should after so many days. I'd rather fast-dry the remaining water in the buds after plenty days of natural drying, rather than procrastinating and risking having moldy buds. But that's a theory of mine in case things go bad, and wanna seek opinions about that.
    Usually I try to keep the rh on the lower side, I grow hydroponic so the colas can be susceptible to mould. One time I went in to check my drying buds about 3 or 4 days after trimming and alot of my largest main colas had mould inside... I salvaged what i could but it had ruined about 40-50% of the crop i was mortified!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20), thrasher (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    Usually I try to keep the rh on the lower side, I grow hydroponic so the colas can be susceptible to mould. One time I went in to check my drying buds about 3 or 4 days after trimming and alot of my largest main colas had mould inside... I salvaged what i could but it had ruined about 40-50% of the crop i was mortified!

That’s burial man
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), thrasher (29-04-20), underground (29-04-20)

Thanks

oooh, that was nasty. half your yield is too much. I don't know how it works with hydroponics and what part plays in the drying process but i hope it was an one time thing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Drying humidity is not as important ( within sensible limits obvs) as growing humidity when it comes to rot.

Usually, you already have rot in the colas when you put them into dry, if you find your harvest rotten.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20), thrasher (30-04-20), underground (29-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Drying humidity is not as important ( within sensible limits obvs) as growing humidity when it comes to rot.

Usually, you already have rot in the colas when you put them into dry, if you find your harvest rotten.
    Exactly what had happened and then spread like hell

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

gardro (29-04-20), GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20), thrasher (30-04-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2