Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 65% Humidity in drying, is this a big issue?

Thanks

Default 65% Humidity in drying, is this a big issue?

Hello mates.
    Before i ask for your experience once again, i'd like to thank you for helping me throughout my first grow. Most members were kind enough to explain thoroughly, and answering to all of my questions.

I harvested my plant on Monday and hung the buds in the closet ( see the attached photos) , the room is dark, i open the door(for a few hours) leading outside , and i have a fan i plan to use today so that the air circulates better( not directly to buds). The only problem is the humidity. It was around 61% yesterday, and at 64-65% Today. Based on your experience, how possible is it i get mold because of it? or Is it possible that humidity is just getting up because i have the sensor next to the buds evaporating water? In case that more than 7-10 days pass with the current humidity and the buds don't dry enough, is it better to turn the fan directly to the buds in order to avoid delay that probably leads to mold?

Also, another thing is, my buds were smelling beautifully when the day of harvest, but now i smell nothing ,and when i get close to the buds, they smell a little grassy. Although, from what i've read , this is normal and some weeks of curing is the answer to smell coming back stronger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	382276 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	382277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	382278 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	382278

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), Greengrass (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

I’m growing in a drobe myself m8 but I have the opposite problem to u my humidity doesn’t go high enough lol, someone will be along soon to help I’m a noobie myself still but I think The humidity should be around 50-55% but don’t quote me on that and as far as I’ve heard you should never point the fan at the buds as they will dry out a lot faster like mine always do lol, I think most people aim for it to be dry in 5-7 days some longer but that’s not always possible
    Good luck with the rest of your drying m8 and I hope you like the fruits of your labor

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), thrasher (29-04-20)

Thanks

I have read in some books about the 7 rule, 70°F at 70% RH for 7 days... i personaly keep rh a bit lower than this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by underground; 29-04-20 at 12:51 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20), thrasher (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

That isn't a problem afaik it's the ideal humidity to avoid drying out too fast

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for your input mate! I definitely love the fact that i will smoke my own shit, no matter the quality.It's better to everything i can find here on the streets. I don't grow in drobe, i grow in a tent.But my tent is occupied by the other plant i have and it's not suitable for drying because of the LED light. Hehehe, i guess nobody has the sweetspot humidity or temp in his house for cannabis growing. You must be lucky to have a natural sweet spot . All the rest, we improvise . Hm... Don't quote me on that either but how about having a few glasses of water to where the fan hits, in order to raise the room humidity a bit. Play with the positioning of the glasses , either pointing directly to the fan ,or near it, or near your buds. I don't know. something to get the humidity just a bit higher. By the way, i was only suggesting pointing the fan directly at the buds, as a last resort. For the specific case that i'm on the 7th-10th day of drying with the existing humidity ( harvest time was this Monday) , and the buds still look more moist that normally should after so many days. I'd rather fast-dry the remaining water in the buds after plenty days of natural drying, rather than procrastinating and risking having moldy buds. But that's a theory of mine in case things go bad, and wanna seek opinions about that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20)

Thanks

Thank you Kudos, and Underground for your answers! I thought that the ideal humidity is no more than 60% and no less than 45 or 55%. My temp is in the sweet spot , i just had to ask to be sure i don't get any kind of mold . So, the limits between too low and too high humidity are not as strict as +- 5 from the ideal , but rather, +-10% (approximately ) .

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20), underground (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    Thank you for your input mate! I definitely love the fact that i will smoke my own shit, no matter the quality.It's better to everything i can find here on the streets. I don't grow in drobe, i grow in a tent.But my tent is occupied by the other plant i have and it's not suitable for drying because of the LED light. Hehehe, i guess nobody has the sweetspot humidity or temp in his house for cannabis growing. You must be lucky to have a natural sweet spot . All the rest, we improvise . Hm... Don't quote me on that either but how about having a few glasses of water to where the fan hits, in order to raise the room humidity a bit. Play with the positioning of the glasses , either pointing directly to the fan ,or near it, or near your buds. I don't know. something to get the humidity just a bit higher. By the way, i was only suggesting pointing the fan directly at the buds, as a last resort. For the specific case that i'm on the 7th-10th day of drying with the existing humidity ( harvest time was this Monday) , and the buds still look more moist that normally should after so many days. I'd rather fast-dry the remaining water in the buds after plenty days of natural drying, rather than procrastinating and risking having moldy buds. But that's a theory of mine in case things go bad, and wanna seek opinions about that.
    Go with what the lads say m8, I obviously need to do some more reading and research as I thought 70% was pretty high lol sorry, I get what u mean m8 I smoke mine however it comes out it’s just that mine have been coming out too dry and tasting like shit as I haven’t been able to up my humidity, but I’ve bought a humidifier now so fingers crossed, knowing my luck the bastard will probably get mould now lol, I’m trying to get my other drobe sorted just for drying too so I can always have some growing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    Thank you Kudos, and Underground for your answers! I thought that the ideal humidity is no more than 60% and no less than 45 or 55%. My temp is in the sweet spot , i just had to ask to be sure i don't get any kind of mold . So, the limits between too low and too high humidity are not as strict as +- 5 from the ideal , but rather, +-10% (approximately ) .
    personally I’ve gone with no more than 70%
    good airflow (not on the buds) and a perfect temp shouldnt pose any problems at that RH. i would think anywhere between 55-65 will do nicely. i guess trial and error eh

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Anything 70rh and below with light wind is ok for drying.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

scorpion (29-04-20), thrasher (29-04-20)

Thanks

Scorpion : Naah you can't be that unlucky. Going from too low RH to extremely high. In any case, if Humidifier raises the RH too much, try the water glass method close to the fan.It worked for me when i needed higher RH and didn't have a humidifier yet.

Hotshot, Kudos: That's all i needed to know. Many thanks for your time!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-20), scorpion (29-04-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast