Thread: Fan controller for Systemair RVK 4"(100mm) 184m3/hr

Thanks

Default Fan controller for Systemair RVK 4"(100mm) 184m3/hr

Hello, I hope you are all well.

Having taken the advice from thctalk forum members I decided to not mess about or take chances and bought the Systemair RVK 4"(100mm) 184m3/hr and Pro Filter for my stealth grow space. My grow space will be (200*100*50cm - 5.9ft - 2.6ft - 1.2ft). The 2 elements I wanted to adhere too were 1. No smell and 2.no fire risk.

Think ive taken care of the fire risk. Just lookin for controller now. Bit annoyed as I had never heard of this whilst creating the budget and so didnt budget for a fan speed controller. I did post on here and got some great general feedback but now ive narrowed down and picked the fan&filter I was wondering if anyone has any experience/recomendations what fan controller I should get. Again, annoyed I have to get this ffs.

I dont mind a slight noise just as long as its not too loud. Ive never done electrics before and am a bit clueless although I have recently bought electrics kit for myself (soldering,multimeter,testing etc). I would be tempted to build my own if the fire risk was low enough.

BTW i got my 2000w led light from amazon, It arrived with glass broke which again annoyed me. Emailed them and they said would send replacement out. The next day they emailed me and said having checked with their boss, and considering that the unit was expensive (£100-not expensive for a light imo) they would not be sending me a new unit out but would send me the part. Once I received it they would run me through how to fix it.

I emailed them back and told them to f@ck off as I hadnt even switched the unit on the unit may have other faults. I want a new one.
    Next day, same email and so I contacted Amazon and then returned led back for full refund. I thought if customer service is this bad, and I only just received it, then I cant rely on unit.
    Lesson learned. Dont by lights from China. What also annoyed me was the fact that they kept calling the led light a lampshade ffs. Stupid c@nts.

Im away to look for somewhere to buy a proper light.

Cheers ppl
    Teddy

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Teddy_amok For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20), MrC (30-04-20), M_C (30-04-20), tlh2496 (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Chinese sellers will do anything they can to avoid consumer laws in other countries. We had a Chinese LED seller here once as a sponsor - never again!

That said, with the current climate, who would want anything from China?

Anyway, with a 4" RVK, it's doubtful that you will want to reduce the speed too much, look at the SMS controllers

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

2wasted (01-05-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20), MrC (30-04-20), tlh2496 (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

I've got a variac speed controller on a rvk 100L (4in) . Was 80 off ebay about 6-7 month ago. This is a link to the wiring to the controller part, if you get one let me know and I can probably dig more snaps out if u need em

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rvk-100L/page2

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

2wasted (01-05-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20), M_C (30-04-20)

Thanks

Thanks very much guys. Gonna mull it over for a day or two. Still annoyed have to fork out for controller but will be worth it in the end I guess.

Teddy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddy_amok For This Useful Post:

2wasted (01-05-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20), M_C (30-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_amok View Post
    Thanks very much guys. Gonna mull it over for a day or two. Still annoyed have to fork out for controller but will be worth it in the end I guess.

Teddy
    Meh, there's always something to buy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

2wasted (01-05-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20), MrC (30-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Meh, there's always something to buy
    If there isn't something you HAVE to buy then there'll be something you WANT to buy

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

2wasted (01-05-20), funkydawg (04-05-20), GEORGE (30-04-20), Mac (01-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    If there isn't something you HAVE to buy then there'll be something you WANT to buy
    "it will save money in the long run" or/and "ill get better/bigger yields" or "save me time/effort, better used...."

aye, i have had this discussion too often than i would like to admit
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-20), Mac (01-05-20), MrC (01-05-20)