Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General Hydroponics EC low.

Thanks

Ok. Managed to get a better camera on the job. Pics taken with the assistance of flash to try and mitigate effects of the light sources, HPS bulb on the left, MH in the centre. Re experience, although i did my first grow in 2010 ive only grown a dozen times at most. This is my first in around 5 yrs. The last time I grew was for my mum who had lung cancer so produced some oil for her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0775 resized.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	382502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0778 resized.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	382503

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stukaville For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), GEORGE (05-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stukaville View Post
    Ok. Managed to get a better camera on the job. Pics taken with the assistance of flash to try and mitigate effects of the light sources, HPS bulb on the left, MH in the centre. Re experience, although i did my first grow in 2010 ive only grown a dozen times at most. This is my first in around 5 yrs. The last time I grew was for my mum who had lung cancer so produced some oil for her.

A nice bush garden, looks like you are on your way. Lovely dude.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), stukaville (05-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stukaville View Post

Apologies in advance for a rather delicate question and somewhat off topic but did the oil help your mum in any way?

Back on topic I now only use HG 3 part for veging as I ALWAYS had some sort of cal/mag deficiency at 4-5 weeks into flower, even different ratios didn't help. There was some improvement if I kept the PH 6.2 - 6.3. What ratio do you use mate? I always liked the idea of growing with base nutes only and GH seemed capable of that and in fact I did occasionally get just over gram/watt (sometimes far less) with the trio only but it was hit and miss as I was always experimenting with different ratios and some strains reacted differently than others. I used the soft water version as My tapwater is zero - 0.2 ec
    Last edited by toblue; 05-05-20 at 08:51 AM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), GEORGE (05-05-20), stukaville (05-05-20), THC Prince (05-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Apologies in advance for a rather delicate question and somewhat off topic but did the oil help your mum in any way?

Back on topic I now only use HG 3 part for veging as I ALWAYS had some sort of cal/mag deficiency at 4-5 weeks into flower, even different ratios didn't help. There was some improvement if I kept the PH 6.2 - 6.3. What ratio do you use mate? I always liked the idea of growing with base nutes only and GH seemed capable of that and in fact I did occasionally get just over gram/watt (sometimes far less) with the trio only but it was hit and miss as I was always experimenting with different ratios and some strains reacted differently than others. I used the soft water version as My tapwater is zero - 0.2 ec
    No apologies needed my friend. My mother was 79 and had zero experience with cannabis. Her prognosis was 4 months without treatment and a max of 10 months with. She had no chemo, only oil which was 76% THC for one batch and around 60% for another. She had no pain ever and lived another 12 months. It was NSCLC Adenocarcinoma. They only tested for a few mutations, but i wanted them to test for ALK mutation as this can render cancers immune to THC, so you really need CBD also in that case. Cannabis oil works remarkably well for lots of people, but its not the cure some people claim it is. Ive no doubt that in a truly free society with east access to lab tests we could all be hunting down other cannabinoid and terpene profiles with health benefits.

This is my first time with GH/Terra Aquatica. I first saw it in the famous 'I grow chronic video' but not sure he used the micro. Because of that lack of any prior use im just flying blind using it as per the GH expert chart but also using Diamond Nectar, but minus the floralicious and other additives which you cant find anywhere for some reason. In veg i was also using Aptus regualor (posh silica) Roots excel, Nitrozyme, multizyme. In flower ive been using Cannaboost and House and Garden Super Boost at an ec of 1.5 Im also in soft water

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stukaville For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), GEORGE (05-05-20), Jingo (05-05-20), THC Prince (05-02-21)

Thanks

OK, so this is the grow in week 7. I was hoping for a bumper harvest but i think it's safe to say the yield is going to be very humble. I'm seeing a few brown hairs and the trichomes are 90% clear. I counted week 7 from flip, so i'm looking for some opinions on if i should carry on like i was in week 5 to allow for the 2 weeks it took to see bud formation or stick with the week 7. Do you guys start flush with clear trichs or do you wait for mostly milk before flushing? Ive got a bottle or GHE/Terra aquatica Florakleen and also Ripen/Final part. I was thinking of doing the florakleen for 2 days then using the Ripen from weeks 7 to 9 before final flush with just water. Good idea or do you think i should act like im in week 5 and feed for another 2 weeks? As i said, mostly clear trichs atm and just a few orange hairs

Name:	skittles tent week 7b.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	383491
    Last edited by stukaville; 23-05-20 at 03:20 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stukaville For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), GEORGE (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

I used to flush several times during the grow, but I found it really wasn't necessary and I only used the floraclean at the end right before harvest.

I would definitely start using the ripen and if you haven't boosted your bloom up it should be much higher than your grow and your micro. So you may need to think about adjusting down micro or grow if you've been using those maybe even discontinuing the grow in favor of just a small amount of micro and mostly bloom. Then definitely hit it with the ripen.

I would wait until the trichomes on the buds not the leafy parts are fully cloudy and maybe just a few amber and a few clear, then do a two-day flush with floraclean and one day with water and be done with it.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), GEORGE (24-05-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2