Thread: Indoor equipment advice needed!

Thanks

Question Indoor equipment advice needed!

Hi troops. I am new to the growing game, although I’ve done it once before with just basic equipment (lights and ballast!!) no filter so yep, really basically and I know I was lucky... it was a long time ago! This time I’m trying to do it a little bit better and going to splash some cash on this equipment. I was advised this stuff from my bro, but it is quite expensive. (Been looking for discount codes but can’t see any). It all sounds pretty complicated to me , I know it will seem simple to everyone here so please go easy on me lol. I am new to all this stuff!! here’s what I’ve been advised and the costs involved. Let me know thoughts on this, I am not exactly well off so this is a big deal for me.

One stop grow shop have these items for these prices.
    315 Watt Essential CDM Grow Tent Kit £369.

It includes

Contains:

1 x BudBox Lite Grow Tent 100cm x 100cm x 200cm
    1 x LUMii Solar 315w CDM Fixture
    1 x Hydrogarden 930 Pro Grow Lamp
    2 x Easy Rolls & Hooks
    1 x LUMii Heavy Duty Timer
    1 x 4" RAM Mixed Flow Fan
    3 x Duct Clips
    4 x Air Pruner Pots (12 litre)
    1 x Rhino Hobby 100mm / 300mm
    5m x 100mm Aluminium Ducting
    2m x Jack Chain

Also told to get these

2x Cana coco 50ltr £9.95

Dutch pro hydro coco starter pack £59

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20), Mac (04-05-20), MrC (04-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

Alright man, how ya doin. Daunting aint it, buyin all this shit for the first time, doubt anyone will recommend this tbf or any kit. The bulb it gives you says its for full grow but then in the description says perfect for veg so I dunno about that. If you're goin coco, from what I understand you at least need a ph pen and most have an ec meter too, about 100-150 quid right there. How stealthy do you need to be? Is your bro helping you when you have the stuff?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20), Mac (04-05-20), The Solyom (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Better grab a 240w quantum board from china mate... Thats what 150$?

Honnestly,
    Besides light All u need for coco grow is:

Tent
    Pots
    Carbon filter
    Exhaust
    Tower fan
    Hygro termometer

Nutes:
    Canna coco a+b, canna rhizotonic, canna pk 13/14
    Ph down

Ec and ph pens

Some plastics to mix, add, measure etc...
    Some zip ties, gardening tools...

N take it easy mate get more stuff after u done ur first succesfull grow

Current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=183445

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

2hot 2trot (12-05-20), GEORGE (04-05-20), Lowrollerbean (04-05-20), Mac (04-05-20), The Solyom (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk HLL, enjoy dude.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (04-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Pretty much what shreder said really. When I was starting I bought cheap stuff as I was on a budget. It got me started and I just replaced things further down the line. It's not the cheapest to get stated but well worth it. It will be your new favorite hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20), Mac (04-05-20), Shreder (04-05-20), The Solyom (12-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I went with the soil to save a bit of cash

I’m really not great at this growing thing, but I have got one plant and it’s a white choco haze! Just praying I don’t fuck her up Cos she’s doing quite well but my last ones were all auto flowering. So I was just leaving her under light 24 hours with no fresh air or even fan (still waiting in my new gear!) I moved her to a window at night a few days ago and she was looking much happier so been doing that each night for between 5-8 hours. Her branches are now spreading out and growing better! Before that they were all abit squashed up. Dunno how I managed to fk all the other seeds up but I basically wasted 5 seeds and not cheap ones either. I’m gonna have to start reading, this is basic stuff I’m failing. Anyway gonna buy some more seeds, any seed website tips?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Shreder (12-05-20)

Thanks

I have actually got some more seeds from some tasty purple weed I got in Amsterdam. The stuff was “purple sensi” although there was lots of seeds in the bag so it is not real sensi lol. It was very mild but nice and very purple looking. but I have no idea if they are Male or female. Is there a way to identify them? Not sure if I should try to grow these ??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is a great place to start.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Growing-FAQ-s!

There are a few sponsors here where you can get seeds, led lighting etc. They all have threads where you can ask questions. You can find them here.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...onsors-Section
    You also get a discount when you mention you are a member here. Discount price and I know the seed companies always throw in a few extra goodies.

I would strongly advise you to splash out on a Bluelab truncheon for EC testing. They are about £70 BUT, if you are a newbie and you overfeed ur plants you will seriously damage them. I bought cheap chinese, then a copy of the bluelab and then still bought the proper Bluelab. Also ruined a grow cos of buying crap and being a noob.

The PH pen, get Bluelab or Essentials if you can afford them, whatever you get, buy some PH buffer ph 7.0. This is to calibrate the tester. These 2 things are the lifeline of your plants. PH & EC.

Start a diary on this site. Post pictures of the plant. There are people here every day who want to help you. Take advantage of this 'cos these guys here know their shit.

Good luck fella, it is sooooooooooooooooooo much fun when you get this growing malarky done right!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

2hot 2trot (12-05-20), GEORGE (12-05-20), Shreder (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

Look on gumtree/ eBay any place like that Mate,£200 you’ll be and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20), The Solyom (13-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Quote Originally Posted by High Land Lad View Post
    Hi troops. I am new to the growing game, although I’ve done it once before with just basic equipment (lights and ballast!!) no filter so yep, really basically and I know I was lucky... it was a long time ago! This time I’m trying to do it a little bit better and going to splash some cash on this equipment. I was advised this stuff from my bro, but it is quite expensive. (Been looking for discount codes but can’t see any). It all sounds pretty complicated to me , I know it will seem simple to everyone here so please go easy on me lol. I am new to all this stuff!! here’s what I’ve been advised and the costs involved. Let me know thoughts on this, I am not exactly well off so this is a big deal for me.

One stop grow shop have these items for these prices.
    315 Watt Essential CDM Grow Tent Kit £369.

It includes

Contains:

1 x BudBox Lite Grow Tent 100cm x 100cm x 200cm
    1 x LUMii Solar 315w CDM Fixture
    1 x Hydrogarden 930 Pro Grow Lamp
    2 x Easy Rolls & Hooks
    1 x LUMii Heavy Duty Timer
    1 x 4" RAM Mixed Flow Fan
    3 x Duct Clips
    4 x Air Pruner Pots (12 litre)
    1 x Rhino Hobby 100mm / 300mm
    5m x 100mm Aluminium Ducting
    2m x Jack Chain

Also told to get these

2x Cana coco 50ltr £9.95

Dutch pro hydro coco starter pack £59
    I haven't heard a single bad thing about CMH/CDM lights,if I was to replace my 600w HPS it would be with 2 315w CMH lights,Ive read grow diaries claiming slightly faster harvests from guys that were hardcore HPS users.
    That Coco is cheap,it costs me $30 for the same shit in Canada,you could drop those airpots and buy 4 fabric pots,drop the hydrogarden light,if the CMH ballast is digital drop the heavy duty timer,drop the easy rolls and look on amazon or ebay and get cheaper versions,same with the tent,and look for a cheap fan speed controller they are so handy.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-20), The Solyom (19-05-20)