Thread: BLOWING THE LID OFF Aeroponic Cloning

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default BLOWING THE LID OFF Aeroponic Cloning

This may be old news to many of you but I was reading an article regarding Aeroponic Cloners and it suggested that the humidity lids should never be used and that it can cut rooting time dramatically and lead to far healthier clones. I was a bit dubious of this statement as they normally wilt within minutes with no lid on due to lack of humidity.

I had just removed clones from my unit so thought I would give it an experimental try (not keeping the clones in the p). The idea is you only have a 15 second time span after cutting the clone and either getting it into a jar of water or into the cloner.

I cut mine and immediately put them in the cloner (sorry about the filthy state of it but just finished a batch and due a clean) within 15 minutes they started to wilt slightly then an hour later bingo standing to attention. Three days later when this photo was taken they look great far healthier than suffocating under a lid (disregard the cut in the background it's a Buddleia.

This only works with an Aeroponic Cloner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	382524
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (05-05-20), GEORGE (05-05-20), Jingo (06-05-20), Lowrollerbean (05-05-20), M_C (05-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

I've struggled with mine the past few weeks tried everything.

For me what has worked is lid on, humidity 90%, no direct light and 22c temp -

When i tried tham with lid on under t5 with 70-80% humidity they flopped and started to wilt away, I tried changing it to the other method and 7 pulled back round with a possible 2 more out of 12 (not bad).

Also my standard heated propagator had 4 failed cuttings in, put a cup of water in with them covered the lid and 2 have come back round with roots coming out of the jiffy plugs.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-20), Jingo (06-05-20), toblue (06-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

You guys have different cloners than what I do, I don't even have a place for a lid. For me the clone is gripped by a little rubber donut and hangs naked down into the cloner. The biggest problem I have is the temperature of the reservoir, which I control by using an interval timer that shuts off for at least 15 minutes between intervals.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-20), toblue (06-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Just give it a go next time you lollipop or give tour mother plant a haircut. I was amazed they are so healthy looking, as mentioned they do wilt very slightly for a very short while 30 mins to an hour after they have been in the unit but come back and stand up. The ones I put in as an experiment are still in now and look like they are still attached to the plant

As there isn't a lid on I presume the heat will be able to escape more easily. One article suggested there is no need to change the water for 6-10 weeks

I think the idea is to NOT raise the humidity at all no folier spray, that way the cutting goes looking for moisture and produces roots quicker.

Here are some short articles (hope I am allowed to post the links)
    Last edited by Jingo; 06-05-20 at 10:37 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

Nope! Links to other sites where they're selling stuff are not allowed. If you want to show somebody a particular product just do a screenshot post a copy of your screenshot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-20), RASTA (06-05-20)

Thanks

Really interested in trying an Aeroponic cloner, been playing it safe with jiffys for a long time

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjaMon1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-20), Jingo (06-05-20)