Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help... what's this??

Thanks

I read a lot that less is more but from what I gathered I wasn't really pushing the boundaries yet. I was expecting to see some negative effects around 1.5ec and set my max ec to 1.4 in the feed guide I created.

The link you shared says

In DWC, a good safe EC is around 1.2 to 1.4, I have rarely seen problems with plants fed at this level.
    My EC was 1.1 when it all went out of balance quickly. Is it a case of too much too soon?

The water level dropped, the EC dropped from 1.1 to 0.8 and the PH plummeted all overnight. According to the chart its a potential acid rain issue (what's this?) and it recommends I raise the EC. But the increase in EC is what caused it all to go crazy last time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

hotshot (08-05-20), jingo (08-05-20)

Thanks

Acid rain effect

When pumping air into a nutrient solution in order to add Dissolved Oxygen, not only oxygen is present, CO2 is also pumped in. If you live near a busy road, this may be higher than normal, so you may get a dropping ph quite often. I have noticed most of the growers who suffer from a falling ph in DWC tend to live in large cities. This may not be a link but it could be.
    When CO2 is added to water, it makes it more acidic. This is the precise process which causes acid rain, pollution from power stations etc pouring CO2 into the air, this mixes with the water vapour in clouds causing acid rain.

So I should turn my air stone down? I need them up to prevent issues with the roots no?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-20), hotshot (08-05-20), jingo (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,176 Posts

It's a very rare occurrence to have that overabundance of CO2, I wouldn't worry about it unless your pump is in the tent with your plants and your running CO2 in the tent.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-20), existence (08-05-20), hotshot (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    Just so I learn, why is it needed later on in the grow... is it simply a nice to have suppliment or will it be a requirement?

Thanks
    The buds need cal mag to get nice and big.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

hotshot (08-05-20), IvoryFlames (09-05-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2