Thread: Marshydro ts600 faulty leds

Thanks

Default Marshydro ts600 faulty leds

I baught a ts600 from ebay brand new from a supplier and after only 2 months randomly different leds will not light up but its not always the same ones and some are on full power some dim, sometimes all dim etc. Also i got one hell of a shock from it when i first noticed it was dim i touched it and boom! Anyway the seller replied with some rediculous answers saying that its normal and if i wanted to upgrade to a ts1000 they would give me a bit of money off as the ts600 i have in a 40x40 tent is apparantly not enough! After some harsh words back and forward they stopped treating me like a child and have sent me a replacement(i havent received it yet).

Im just wondering if anybody else has had any issues with the ts600? And if anybody has a clue what could be the issue with the unit and if i could poss repair it? Wouldnt hurt to have another working light.

Thanks in advance
    Will

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), Greengrass (08-05-20), Jingo (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

I haven't owned a Mars since the Mars II and that was exactly the way mine were. If it is dimming down and giving you a shock I would say the fix for that would be quite easy. More than likely, if you take the light apart you'll find probably about a half a dozen drivers in there. One of those drivers is probably just randomly grounding out. Shouldn't be very hard to find. You could also be just plain burning out lenses or LEDs if they're going dim or dark and staying that way.

In the long run, you will just be replacing those mars with something better. I'm not sure what to tell you to use, I bought all my LEDs that I currently run used. They are professional greenhouse lights I use the lumigrow pros, I prefer the 325 watt models. about there's still available I picked up mine for between 3 and $500 a pink stock eBay years ago.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), M_C (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

It's not the first time Mars have tried to fob off their customers.... When they had issues with their Hydro II series & offered the customer a discount against their new lights (or offered to send the LED so the customer could repair it themself!)

Throw it in the bin mate, Mars will just continue giving you the runaround

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20)

Thanks

Its disappointing tbh i was happy with the cheap and cheerful nature of it, it was cheap and just did what it was supposed to but only for a short period. I guess you get what you pay for, but im a bit of a tight ar5e, i have to be at the minute i got laid off before xmas and with the whole covid situation things arent looking great. Hopefully the new unit will turn up today and last longer than the last one. I think ill do as jingo said and pull it apart and if i cant see anything obvious then bin the hunk of junk like you say m_c.

Unfortunately atm my budget keeps my options limited to this kind of quality i guess, defo limited to this price range though

Cheers
    Will

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), Jingo (08-05-20), M_C (08-05-20)

Thanks

Mars used to be a sponsor here. They pulled that very same stunt. Let's just say it wasn't the worst thing they did here & ended up with their rep banned

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Did you buy from a Mars reseller as they offer a 3 year warranty?

I tried to find the cause of your problems from others online but struggled

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20)

Thanks

Can i name the seller here? I recieved a new one today which works as it should, they are brand new, I'm not sure if they are an approved seller or re-seller of marshydro but they have (as far as i know) the full mars range in stock on their ebay store. I'm an easy going person and their customer service skills or lack of really grinded my gears.

I havent touched the damaged one yet but the way i see it is its just wasting space sitting there and if its an easy fix then i could really do with selling it as long as it works fine, because moneys tight right now!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-20)

Thanks

We'd prefer that you didn't name a reseller, their resellers are usually Mars connected!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-20)

Thanks

No problem, its just an ebay power seller but i think they dont just stock mars im sure they had a few brands.

Tried to upload a pic of light but im using chrome on android and when i choose the file i cant seem to se an 'ok' button or upload whatever. Seems like a waste that light just kicking around taking up space so tomorrow I think i will take it apart and have a fiddle with it, i have no idea what im looking at/for but if its going to be thrown out anyway why not have a go

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), M_C (12-05-20)