Thread: First time grow 4x4 grow tent setup help

Thanks

Default First time grow 4x4 grow tent setup help

Hi there first time grow so I bought a quantum Board led 480 w hlg 550 v2 rspec for my light I have a lagarden 4x4 tent I have 6 feminized seeds my questions is what supply do I need to get I wanna do 2 soil and the rest Hempy buckets I also have a 25x35x53 with a 315 w cmh and also 2 1000w blurpess with no info on them so what do I do to not waste my electricity and time being it’s me first time .. advice plz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullins2008.km For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), Jingo (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Welcome to the forum! I know when I first started growing I was allowed to have a certain number of plants and I thought that's what I needed to grow. I'm sure I received a lot of advice to grow less plants and I know I ignored that advice, the result was a year of crap yields and nothing really working even though I spending time and money.

I would advise picking any four plants you want to grow and one medium try to stick with plants that have the same growth characteristics so indica's or sativas or similar hybrids but don't grow a mix. Then you learn everything you can about growing in that one medium and as you get the skills venture out.

I found that auto flowers require less nitrogen than photo period strains and it's a good idea to keep them a little bit hungry and even just a slight bit pale. So for a new grower you wouldn't need a whole line of nutrients or even to try and attempt to follow the chart as far as max dosages.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

2hot 2trot (08-05-20), GEORGE (08-05-20), IvoryFlames (09-05-20), scoot (19-05-20), Shreder (09-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice I have Five of the same strand seeds feminized but I had one freeway so I just wanted to venture out and try something different on my first attempt just to see maybe I had better experience in that field rather than one field maybe just to explore my options I have garden before not marijuana but I’m not exactly new to growing plants just maybe indoors

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mullins2008.km For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), IvoryFlames (09-05-20), Jingo (08-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Ye dont go over 4 plants.. better extended veg and some training to 2 big plants, you should open up a diary mate

Current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=183445

Completed: GSC, GZ, LSD with Bud Lightyear https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=181038

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,414 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mullins2008.km View Post
    Hi there first time grow so I bought a quantum Board led 480 w hlg 550 v2 rspec for my light I have a lagarden 4x4 tent I have 6 feminized seeds my questions is what supply do I need to get I wanna do 2 soil and the rest Hempy buckets I also have a 25x35x53 with a 315 w cmh and also 2 1000w blurpess with no info on them so what do I do to not waste my electricity and time being it’s me first time .. advice plz

With those lights I would do 6 plants in 10-15L pots,stick to soil or coco,veg for 2-3 weeks and flip them,use an EC pen and look at grow diaries for feeds,do NOT go by nutrient charts,and make sure you know if your soil contains nutrients already as you don't wanna feed nutes to soil that already has nutes.
    Use 1 of your blurpees for the first week,then switch to the CMH for the rest of veg,for flower CMH and quantum,move plants and turn them every day or 2 so they get a mix of the light.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-20), Jingo (19-05-20)