Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slugs and snails!!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Sure google will tell you more but they are slugs worse nightmare and involves dissolving them from inside out
    Sounds awesome will look into them thanks mate!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    PiKiT-PaKiT-FiReItUp

JAck/BlUeS Grow 2 plus 4 12/12 from seed - DONEWITH

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20)

Thanks

I have always used coffee to deter slugs, works a treat, have done nematodes too which work, sooner have the leaf stripping slimey bastards fucking off out my garden than use pellets which will attract them.. used coffee grounds works well, been doing it for donkeys, never had a slug problem since.

I tried to post a link to the article my dad read donkeys ago, but it wont let me,, 10 post rule etc,, so,, google "bbc caffeine repels slugs" and you should be able to see the article i cant link cuz the fuzz wont let me.

What I did when my dad told me about it was I got a cheap jar of coffee, made it up in a litre of hot water, added it to a 5 gal watering can and watered around the plants, I also put some in a spray bottle then put on my camo's and night vission goggles and lay in wait for a slug, when one showed up, I had the element of surprise and managed to capture the fucker and then squirted the coffee mixture at it, believe me,, they dont like it.. not one bit, can swear I saw slugs retreating from my garden crying for their mams.
    Last edited by ManicPilchardFace; 30-03-22 at 06:00 PM. Reason: cuz likes innit

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManicPilchardFace For This Useful Post:

barney_b (30-03-22), GEORGE (30-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,167 Times

Copper tape around the tops of your pots, cost about a fiver. It fucks with their skin but doesn’t hurt them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (31-03-22), GEORGE (30-03-22), IceCalibur (30-03-22), V8 (30-03-22)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimar Pouting View Post
    Copper tape around the tops of your pots, cost about a fiver. It fucks with their skin but doesn’t hurt them.
    This..

Copper works perfectly for snails..I invested in some nice copper rings, but the tape works just as well.. it also allows the birds to eat the slugs without eating the 'slug pellets' inside the slug which can kill the birds too

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (31-03-22), GEORGE (30-03-22), V8 (30-03-22), ValdtheImpotent (02-04-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2