Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best light for start to finish under £1000.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Would be the Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro LED. Unfortunatly I need the heat from my HPS or the heater is on even with lights on.

This is the video worth watching just for the HOT AS FECK presenter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Mac (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,487 Times

Default best light for start to finish under £1000.

Bought one the other week, going to be using it along with either 1 or 2 315w cdm’s in a 1.2 x 2.4 tent. It’ll be a squeeze! It’s unreal how bright it is, camera can’t cope with it. Sound a 10% discount code too
    In regards to replacing a 600w HPS, this is more like replacing a 1000w HPS for its output but it’s dimmable so I thought I might as well go for it and turn it down if need be. I doubt it’ll give enough radiant heat out for winter as the attic gets really cold but it’s nice to be able to swap setups and go all year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by widowsmite; 18-05-20 at 12:38 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), Mac (18-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,487 Times

Default best light for start to finish under £1000.

I Also prefer x2 315 CDM’s over 1 X600 hps for a few reasons;
    2 of them I think equate to slightly less heat then a 600
    2 CDM’s will have better PPFD per watt than a 600, so more light per watt.
    2 CDM’s spread the light more evenly rather than a big hot spot in the middle
    2 CDM’s can cover a broader/fuller spectrum , for example you could run a 4000k bulb with a 3000k or mix it up with 3500k’s or 3200k’s. Depending on the age of the plant.
    CDM’s have a tiny bit of UVB in them too, not much but it does seem to they produce slightly frostier flowers on average.
    Down side is they’re double the price of a hps setup for 1. However they are coming down and the non Philips bulbs are absolutely fine. I buy them at £45 each rather than £100. Hence having a few different bulbs on standby for a bulb blowing or a change or variance in spectrum.
    Hope this helps, here’s my 1.2 x 2.4 x 2.0m tent with 5x 315’s. It’s still pretty cold at night so I put the middle reflector in with a 4000k bulb to keep it around 25°c and give off a nice spread of blue for flower along with the 2x3000’s & 2x3500’s. Last 2 weeks I’ll swap it out for a 3200k for that last bit of extra red to hopefully finish them off.
    Also I’m running a UVB R8 1m strip on a separate timer to enhance the trichome production. I would also look into UVB if you’re upgrading your lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by widowsmite; 18-05-20 at 12:57 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

andymac (18-05-20), gardro (18-05-20), GEORGE (18-05-20), Mac (18-05-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2