Thread: Mould

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,262 Times

Default Mould

Help.

I have found mould on one of my bud sites, do i just sacrifice it and chop it off or do i have to ditch the whole plant.

Cheers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20)

Thanks

Cant see the picture mate

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adriaanoo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Keepitquietplease (12-05-20)

Thanks

Never put one up sorry.

The picture just now is what i chopped out. It was on one bud site maybe 2 so i just cut both off low down as it was no the main stem, just wondering if that will be okay?

Also found the problem my extractor has stopped working and dont know how long its been

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,579 Times

I'm not sure what advice to give, the only time I had Bud Rock I ended up taking an entire branch off the plant and I was still nervous about it.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Keepitquietplease (12-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I'm not sure what advice to give, the only time I had Bud Rock I ended up taking an entire branch off the plant and I was still nervous about it.
    Yeah that is what i have done. I have fixed my extractor so i now have air flow and i have moved the fan inside to flow more over that plant

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Jingo (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Just get your RH to 30 (dehumidifier and/or heat required) and increase airflow and keep up daily observations.

Ive had rot more than once and despite most saying bring the the whole plant down immediately, ive got the plants to the end, losing just those affected buds. Unfortunately its the best ( biggest, densist buds that are most afflicted )

The sites that will get mouldy already are seeded by spores so its upto you make their growing environment bad by making it dry.

Look for newly yellowed leaves. They then go brown. Give them a little pull and if they come away, youve found the rot.

Dont go letting the "brown smoke" out of the rotten buds, i use a disposable glove or inside out bag and straight captured into bin

Oh and dont breathe the shit in.

Not all lost if you take steps now.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Jingo (12-05-20), Keepitquietplease (12-05-20), Mac (12-05-20), M_C (12-05-20), oJAE (12-05-20), redisiel (12-05-20), WhIpLaSh (12-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Just get your RH to 30 (dehumidifier and/or heat required) and increase airflow and keep up daily observations.

Ive had rot more than once and despite most saying bring the the whole plant down immediately, ive got the plants to the end, losing just those affected buds. Unfortunately its the best ( biggest, densist buds that are most afflicted )

The sites that will get mouldy already are seeded by spores so its upto you make their growing environment bad by making it dry.

Look for newly yellowed leaves. They then go brown. Give them a little pull and if they come away, youve found the rot.

Dont go letting the "brown smoke" out of the rotten buds, i use a disposable glove or inside out bag and straight captured into bin

Oh and dont breathe the shit in.

Not all lost if you take steps now.
    I have cut the effected sites off the plant. It wasnt the biggest bud that was infected, i think it might be to do with the small ones being in contact with the side of the tent which had moisture on it. I will keep an eye on the small one the next couple of days but i couldn't see any other mould than qhat i cut off the plant.

Thanks for the information but as i am worried about it attacking my big girl

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-05-20), GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Jingo (12-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Keepitquietplease View Post
    I have cut the effected sites off the plant. It wasnt the biggest bud that was infected, i think it might be to do with the small ones being in contact with the side of the tent which had moisture on it. I will keep an eye on the small one the next couple of days but i couldn't see any other mould than qhat i cut off the plant.

Thanks for the information but as i am worried about it attacking my big girl

Just keep alert. Ive never had just one bout of mould even when ive got the groom bone dry. Next few days will tell. Fingers crossed.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Jingo (12-05-20), Keepitquietplease (12-05-20), redisiel (12-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Just keep alert. Ive never had just one bout of mould even when ive got the groom bone dry. Next few days will tell. Fingers crossed.
    Thank gardro,

Will keep my eyes peeled as the small one is so close, still a bit clear but twmpted to just cut her and see what i can save. Big girl is still a ages away but

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-05-20), GEORGE (12-05-20), Greengrass (12-05-20), Jingo (12-05-20), redisiel (12-05-20)