Thread: 1st Grow looking for some feedback and advice.

Thanks

Default 1st Grow looking for some feedback and advice.

Hey there, I am new to this site and new to growing, just hoping to get a little advice and feedback. Things are going well so far I think, I bought feminized Bakerstreet seeds from my local cannabis store, germinated 2 using the paper towel method and planted 2 directly in the soil when I moved my paper towel seeds into soil. 4/4 have sprouted now with the first 2 starting to grow their first set of serrated leaves and the other 2 are about to open their round leaves, one of the first ones was looking a little bit leggy so I added more soil on top to bury a little bit of the stem and moved the light closer. Right now they are all in promix herb and veg soil, I plan to grow 2 in the promix and 2 in happy buddha super soil I bought. I have a fan oscillating on low in the corner of the room, lighting them with a desk lamp with CFL about 6 inches from the sprouts and misting them with water from a spray bottle occasionally just to keep the soil moist. I am planning to grow them outside on my back deck in 5 gallon black fabric pots. I have ordered a ph meter that should arrive within a couple weeks along with ph up/down, neem oil, and reefertilizer for the promix plants. I don't have any other grow lights and would like to get my plants outside as soon as possible. I live near Edmonton Alberta, right now about 14 hrs of daylight and temps of around 15C-20C. Is it too early to start trying to harden them up with time outside each day? I was also thinking about moving them to this other desk a lot closer to the window which gets morning light for around 6 hours a day and keep them there for a while first? I also just read somewhere that having black pots outdoors can cook the roots, all the fabric pots I bought are black, should I replace them or do they do ok? Maybe figure out a way to protect them from direct sunlight? Anyway thanks for your time and any feedback or advice or anything I am forgetting about would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200513_101201.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	382940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200513_101228.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	382941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200513_101054.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	382942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200513_101113.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	382943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200513_101119.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	382944  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CarterAB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)