Thread: First time grow, are my auto seedlings doing okay?

Thanks

Default First time grow, are my auto seedlings doing okay?

Hi guys,

First time in the forum and a first time grower. I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the stage of my seedlings. They are around 10-11 days old. The seeds I am growing are stardog auto from fastbudz.

Germinated using paper towels, then put into small cups with coco coir. When they sprouted, I did make the mistake of not putting them under a light immediately and left them using natural light in my living room for 2 days (I thought this was okay until first true leaves grew).
    I transferred them to their final containers (as one root had grown to the point it came out the bottom of the cup) with a coco coir and perlite mix (around about 70% / 30% ratio ). For the first few days, I had them on 24/0 light schedule, and now they are on a 18/6 schedule.

I have started feeding them with low dosage of nutrients, around about every 2/3 days. For the last 3 days I have been giving them a little water every day. I am currently using 1000W LED lights (true power around 110W). IT has the ability to adjust Veg (blue) And bloom (red) lights, so veg is 100% and bloom is about 10%. Lights are around 20" away from plants.

Other things to know is I have a carbon filter installed in the grow tent, humidity is controlled between 60 RH- 70RH and I an oil radiator is configured to keep temps between 20c and 25c (68f and 77f). however on 'lights out' the heater is turned off and temperatures can drop to about 17c - 18c. (62f - 64f).

1) I am concerned as from what I can see online with other seedlings, it seems mine are growing rather slow, especially considering these are meant to go from seed -> harvest in 8-9 weeks.

2) Also, I am concerned of the markings on one of their cotyledons. As you can see on one of them it has weird lines.

Thanks for any thoughts, advice and opinions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageproxy.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	383023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageproxy (1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	383024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageproxy (3).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	383025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageproxy (2).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	383026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageproxy (4).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	383027  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supersecretusername For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20), Mac (15-05-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,353 Times

She looks OK to me

From behind the bushes

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,262 Times

Looks fine to me, I wouldn't pay much attention to the seed to harvest time in my opinion as my autos the last time were meant to be 70 days but took closer to 100. My last grow seemed rather small but still got 2 ounce from the plant.

Just my opinion of course and another opinion is not to use bare metal for training as can dig into the plant, try to use craft pipe cleaner things, i have seen some use them cant remember their actually name. Or what i use is the rubberised plant trainers from b&q

Happy growiny though, have fun

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Feed them every day , I started with very low dosages of nutes , first about 10 days only phd water with rhizo, the countdown only starts once u see the true leaves right?? I'm about 3 weeks ahead of u m8. My water is 0.6 ec so every week I increased 0.1 only , now I'm at 1 and wont go any further till flowering.. my girls looking not bad lol peace out and Gl

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-20), Mac (15-05-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Coco is inert and needs feed from the start, I grow in soil so can't throw any advice your way other than ask a coco grower and there's masses of info on the net.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-20), Mac (15-05-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

They just finding the boundaries of the pot. Roots grow before the shoots show Once they find the edges the top will explode.

Feed every day in a ring around the edge of the pot to force the roots to travel. Bigger roots bigger fruits

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Banjo33_uk (17-05-20), GEORGE (15-05-20), Greengrass (16-05-20), Le chef (15-05-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks all, this community is awesome! I will be more patient and take the advice regarding feeding.

Again, thank you all!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supersecretusername For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-20), Greengrass (16-05-20), Le chef (15-05-20), Mac (15-05-20)