Thread: Money no object...

Thanks

Default Money no object...

Alright guys. I'm planning a small rdwc , 3 plants in a scrog. I know exactly how I'm going to build the rdwc. Which pump, tanks, chiller etc.

But I have not decided on the lights, fans and filter yet.

So If money was no object which lights, fans and filter would you choose.

No more than 1000w of light though please and obviously fans and filter to match.

Massive thanks in advance

Jager.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jagermaster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jingo (17-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermaster View Post
    Alright guys. I'm planning a small rdwc , 3 plants in a scrog. I know exactly how I'm going to build the rdwc. Which pump, tanks, chiller etc.

But I have not decided on the lights, fans and filter yet.

So If money was no object which lights, fans and filter would you choose.

No more than 1000w of light though please and obviously fans and filter to match.

Massive thanks in advance

Jager.
    I'm not sure I would do recirculating deep water culture, it makes some sense if you're growing a lot of plants that are all the same strain and hopefully the same phenotype. Because you're feeding all the same nutrients to all your plants and if one gets sick or has a problem the likelihood is they all will get sick and have a problem.

Scrogs can be difficult to do with deepwater culture just because at some point you're going to want to look at those roots and make sure they're growing okay, and that's hard to do when you got a net up above your plants. I've seen guys build a scrog net on top of one deep water culture bucket.

A couple of things you know you're going to need for sure if you're doing hydro or coco is a good pH pen and an EC pen, if you're in Europe or the UK you want blue lab on your pH pen. I haven't seen any difference on EC/TDS pens on this side of the pond so I can't really advise. But I would get those first and test your background water you may find your background water is so alkaline that it might not be worth doing deep water culture. Or you may need to get yourself an RO unit.

So my advice right now would be to buy a couple quality pens test your background water once you have that select the rest of your gear.

If you were to say grow in Coco, with smaller pots and auto water you wouldn't have any problem getting the same results as hydro, probably even better because Coco's a little more forgiving than hydro. one of the problems you have with hydros you can set your pH exactly right and go ahead and enter it into your system and then it goes off significantly just because the plants are utilizing feed at different rates, in Coco once you pour it in it's set.

I'm sure you're going to get so many recommendations your head is probably going to spin.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jagermaster (17-05-20), Valentina (17-05-20)

Thanks

Oh PS, If you are doing hydro you need to measure your EC and pH in your reservoir at least a couple times a day and then you'll have to make adjustments based upon what you find, so if you're thinking kind of a set it and forget it, it ain't hydro. Coco on the other hand would be very easy to set and forget I do it all the time. I'll set up a res on autoflower and feed for 10 days when the plants are young once they get big I can only get about 3 or 4 days out of a 30 gallon reservoir.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jagermaster (17-05-20), Valentina (17-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

If money is no object, get a Bluelab guardian. The probes sit in your reservoir and you have a real-time gauge of your ph and ec at all times.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jagermaster (17-05-20), Jingo (17-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the speedy replies!!! That's good advice, but I just love rdwc too much. I used to run a scrog with rdwc and eve though its a pain in the ass the results are just too good. I should also mention I live in Sweden now. So I got some new challenges to face. Like keepin the room warm when its -30c outside and making sure my unbelievably up tight neighbours don't get so much as a wiff of what is going on. Also I haven't tested the water yet but I am expecting it to be very low ec. Which is not something I have experienced, back in the uk it was always about .4 or 400ppm.

Something also worth mentioning is the planned room in only 8 meters or so from a very large lake. So I have a pretty much infinite heat sink if I pump cold water from it. I remember looking at system that used cold water on run to waste to keep a room cool. I can't remember what it was called. It's been so long.

Anyway, thank again.

Jager

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jagermaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You know, you can always build your own custom recirculating deep water culture system, all you really need are some uniseals and buckets and pipe.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jagermaster (17-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    You know, you can always build your own custom recirculating deep water culture system, all you really need are some uniseals and buckets and pipe.
    Yes mate!! That's the plan. Just deciding which buckets I want to use. I used to use 55liter screw top bulk food containers, but they don't sell them anymore. So I'm looking at other options. Going to hard to get all the parts where I live now. It used to easy to pop to local grow shop. Now the closest one is 10 hrs away and there is no way I'm gonna order on line. Got to be cash and a borrowed van in uptight Sweded.

Cheers Pal.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jagermaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

3 quantum boards (240 watts x 3) will produce more than 1000w hps this solely made me go for them. This and the easy plug and play.

Current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=183445

Completed: GSC, GZ, LSD with Bud Lightyear https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=181038

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-20), Jagermaster (17-05-20), Jingo (17-05-20)