Thread: Biobizz Allmix - Green Mould / Fungus on top of Soil

Thanks

Default Biobizz Allmix - Green Mould / Fungus on top of Soil

Hey all, so, seeds didn't germinate and I've already filled 11 litre pots with Allmix 2 days ago and got 315watt CDM running at 27c. Anyways, up checking temps this morning while waiting on fresh seeds coming and noticed a green mould formed on 2 of the pots. I watered the soil 2 days ago and humidity is around 40%.

Question is, will the mould harm the seedlings (always germinate in final pots) or can I scrape it off / mix it in or just scrap the soil and get fresh soil? never had this happen before.

Any ideas, cheers..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-20), Greengrass (19-05-20), Mac (19-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Any chance of a picture.?that seems a bit odd with a decent soil like that to go mouldy so soon

Hope you haven't ordered your new beans from same place as me as I hope that planes still got fuel because when I track it its been in the bleeding air for nearly 3 week
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 19-05-20 at 08:24 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-20), Mac (25-06-20), tlh2496 (21-05-20)

Thanks

no, soz, I've no, scraped the top layer and now got a fan blowing over the canopy. Guessing it's Algae. Had no luck with last 2 batches of seeds, attempting a 3rd seedbank now which hopefully will be delivered tomorrow..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-20), Mac (25-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tlh2496 View Post
    no, soz, I've no, scraped the top layer and now got a fan blowing over the canopy. Guessing it's Algae. Had no luck with last 2 batches of seeds, attempting a 3rd seedbank now which hopefully will be delivered tomorrow..
    Do you just put the dry seed in the soil?
    Next time just for one seed try dropping it in a glass of water and wait until it sinks which could be 12 hrs or so then instead of putting it in your final pot put it in a starter cup( I use plastic pint pots with holes Drilled for drainage) I find this way you can keep the soil warm as its harder to do in a big pot to start with and the seed is easier to find when looks like it hasn't germed which could take a week to show above the soil
    Keep us all updated fella we are all in this together
    Atb

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-20), Mac (25-06-20), tlh2496 (21-05-20)

Thanks

cheers man, I'll give it a try, tried the seeds in these plantit rootit kit, never germed. Had the soil watered then ran lights for a few days to get everything warm in the tent but like a dafty, didn't have a fan blowing over the canopy so soil didn't dry out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-20), Mac (25-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tlh2496 View Post
    Hey all, so, seeds didn't germinate and I've already filled 11 litre pots with Allmix 2 days ago and got 315watt CDM running at 27c. Anyways, up checking temps this morning while waiting on fresh seeds coming and noticed a green mould formed on 2 of the pots. I watered the soil 2 days ago and humidity is around 40%.

Question is, will the mould harm the seedlings (always germinate in final pots) or can I scrape it off / mix it in or just scrap the soil and get fresh soil? never had this happen before.

Any ideas, cheers..
    Can’t imagine it’s affect the seedling but then again I’ve never come across my soil going green lol and for seedling help all I can say is do some research on the strain before hand I remember buying 3 wedding gelatos from royal queen seeds and only 2 sprouted but with very rubbish growth had to toss one and the other is only starting to pick up again I usually put them in water till sinks and then place some paper towel until she cracks and then pot her once there’s a root (I have thrown them in the pot from seed and I’ve always had like 95% success) but again it alll depends on you’re seed genetics I’ve had a lot that haven’t jsut finished 2 grows if black dog and I can tell ya I’m buying it again lol smells lovely buds are solid full with crystals only thing I ducked up on is I didn’t top them so only ended up with under an oz from two small plants

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-20), Mac (25-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Damp soil, warm tent with plenty of light, no airflow, perfect conditions for algae no?

Get the fans on and let the soil dry out a touch it should stop the algae

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-20), tlh2496 (25-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,247 Times

I know this isn't relevant to the hobby where here for. But i keep snakes and set vivs up has natural has possible and soil and humidity and water with a passive air flow in a viv does cause a mold if thats of any use to you . Where if i run a small fan no mold ??

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-08-20), Mac (14-02-21), tlh2496 (25-08-21)

Thanks

I get this and sometimes there are actuall PH issues which trigger this

18. The Following User Says Thank You to padova555 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-20)

Thanks

I've not used that soil before but if its organic then moulds forming are natural. I wouldn't worry it just mean's the bio in your soil is nicely active.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud goode For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-21), Mac (14-02-21), sixsixsix (09-03-21), tlh2496 (25-08-21)