Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: having some problems

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    After 24 hrs I'd change res out plain water only, let in run for a hour or two then change again plain water only leave for 24hrs and then change again back to ya normal nute solution/mix

from a green and pleasant land
    I was thinking along those lines but you've made it a whole lot clearer. that's my plan for tonight.i've invested in a 16 litre dehumidifier too.that'l save me heating up the tent for lower humidity as the res was getting mad hot.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

British green (07-07-20), GEORGE (06-07-20), Jingo (06-07-20), Lowrollerbean (26-07-20), redisiel (06-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Agreed I wash my buds every time
    I use the 3 bucket method with bicarbonate soda, lemons and ice cold water etc
    Please do it jingo!!!!
    Excuse me jumping in but I nearly spit my coffee everywhere when I see neem root drench and clay pebbles in the same sentence, I need to read back lol
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 06-07-20 at 06:32 PM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (07-07-20), fkmiller (06-07-20), GEORGE (06-07-20), Jingo (06-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Agreed I wash my buds every time
    I use the 3 bucket method with bicarbonate soda, lemons and ice cold water etc
    Please do it jingo!!!!
    Excuse me jumping in but I nearly spit my coffee everywhere when I see neem root drench and clay pebbles in the same sentence, I need to read back lol
    Redz
    if I manage to finish this grow i'l wash the buds. it sounds too simple to be true tbh.
    your last paragraph is giving me the fear. please read back and let me know what your thoughts are. theres loads of advice re drenching in soil but very little with hydro. I've been lucky enough theres been folk here giving me fantastic help and advice. just hope it s done the trick this late in the day.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

British green (07-07-20), GEORGE (06-07-20), Jingo (06-07-20)

Thanks

the plants have been fed water only and waters been changed 3 times with the last change adding nutrients.ph and ec are fine, no sign whatsoever of any aphids, the plants don't look perturbed and the new dehumidifier has sorted the highish humidity in one 12 hr session i'l need to keep an eye out for a re-infestation but things could be looking up. would any eggs or larvae have been destroyed with the neem soak?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-20), Jingo (07-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

Quote Originally Posted by fkmiller View Post
    the plants have been fed water only and waters been changed 3 times with the last change adding nutrients.ph and ec are fine, no sign whatsoever of any aphids, the plants don't look perturbed and the new dehumidifier has sorted the highish humidity in one 12 hr session i'l need to keep an eye out for a re-infestation but things could be looking up. would any eggs or larvae have been destroyed with the neem soak?
    You probably got them all I would imagine. Of course, they got in there in the first place so they can get in again.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (07-07-20), GEORGE (08-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    You probably got them all I would imagine. Of course, they got in there in the first place so they can get in again.

I saw a video on youtube where a grower had an infestation in his DWC.he had them on numerous plants and couldn't get to the bottom of it. he eventually found the eggs in his rockwool cubes he'd been using for ages. jingo thanks very much man, you and others more or less talked me through this and other problems I've had. can't thank yous enough, I've put a lot of time and effort into this.not to mention a few bob.(for overseas folk, a bob was an old british shilling. 5 pence.)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-20), Jingo (07-07-20)

Thanks

wee update. things are rolling along nicely now. spotted a couple of small aphids on my sticky tape insect trap and have squashed a couple but no signs of them in the medium, and plants seem to be thriving.my batteries ran out in my loupe so im awaiting delivery of more. i don't think i'm too far away from flushing.i last checked on the trichomes 3/4 days ago and they were mostly clear. the dehumidifier has worked a treat.humidity sits at low 40's lights on and 52% with humidifier on and lights off. the main colas are real big and dense,i've a feeling when my batteries arrive i'l be flushing the plants after checking them with the loupe.i hope so, can see the finishing line now. anything i should be looking out for/aware of at this stage? i've been reading the harvest/curing threads so have a fair idea of the best practices.i'm also going to wash the buds at harvest after getting advice on this thread.
    i read the news today oh boy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-20), Jingo (12-07-20)

Thanks

quite a blow when i opened up 2night.the aphidscare back in numbers.i've seen a few flying about but easily killed them and there were a few stuck onto the sticky flytraps but they must've hatched or something today.sticky paper was covered in them. i've got bugclear so have been using that now.i'm too late in the day for another root drench so i've started flushing them tonight. the trichomes are all milky so my plan is flush for 10 days then harvest. would this be the correct thing to do in the circumstances???

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-07-20), GEORGE (15-07-20), Jingo (25-07-20)

Thanks

well harvested last night.took me about 6 hours. i washed all the buds in the solution reccomended by redisiel,thats what probably took me so long. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200725_000251.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	386107
    hopefully the drying and curing process is succesful and i'l have a nice smoke to last me till my next grow. thanks to all on here for their help and advice.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Jingo (25-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

Nice harvest, i hate the trimming myself. looking forward to trying washing and seeing how much stuff comes out.

J

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-07-20), fkmiller (25-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Lowrollerbean (26-07-20)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast