Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: having some problems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

Does ph rise or fall on a typical day? And same with ec?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (25-05-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    Does ph rise or fall on a typical day? And same with ec?
    ph has been rising very slightly and ec is either staying static or dropping slightly. i've given them 10ml pk13/14. this is my first grow and going by what i'm finding online the closest symptoms I can see is potassium deficiency. other than this they look good even if too fkn tall.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20), Nuggetz (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fkmiller View Post
    ph has been rising very slightly and ec is either staying static or dropping slightly. i've given them 10ml pk13/14. this is my first grow and going by what i'm finding online the closest symptoms I can see is potassium deficiency. other than this they look good even if too fkn tall.
    Yeah so they are eating fine, the crispy ends does look most likely to be potassium def. A bit earlier than usual to see this but it could be a strain trait. Canna aqua usually on point until the buds start to cluster then advised to use pk13/14 (around week 3 of true flower). No harm in giving it early though just be careful as it’s really strong stuff. All the best

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (25-05-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    Yeah so they are eating fine, the crispy ends does look most likely to be potassium def. A bit earlier than usual to see this but it could be a strain trait. Canna aqua usually on point until the buds start to cluster then advised to use pk13/14 (around week 3 of true flower). No harm in giving it early though just be careful as it’s really strong stuff. All the best
    thanks mate. yeah everything seems good apart from this atm(and the size of them).I looked online re the pk and the makers say you can use it in smaller quantities all throygh flower so i've tried that.will post the results if anything happens.btw when you say bit early to see this? when do you usually see this?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20), Nuggetz (25-05-20)

Thanks

The plants typically need more potassium and phosphorus after 3-4 weeks flowering, hence the recommendation to use a pk booster at this point. Usually the aqua nutes give enough up until then but possible they may need a boost before. As I say it could be a strain trait.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (26-05-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20)

Thanks

What you could do is cut the tips off that are crispy and keep a look out for any more appearing. That way you’ll know if the boost has worked or not. I think you’ll be good now though

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

that's what il do tonight when light goes on.i was up earlier and there does seem to be a few more leaves affected like this. one thing has confused me.some are saying turn the drippers off when its dark,others say leavethem on.i've been leaving them on 24/7 tbh. what is the correct way ?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20), Nuggetz (26-05-20)

Thanks

that's what il do tonight when light goes on.i was up earlier and there does seem to be a few more leaves affected like this. one thing has confused me.some are saying turn the drippers off when its dark,others say leavethem on.i've been leaving them on 24/7 tbh. what is the correct way ?
    As the Pk was only added recently I’d give it a good 24hrs before expecting to see a noticeable change. Once you’ve cut all affected parts off you’ll get a good idea the day after if there’s still a problem.

I see your using clay pebbles, is it just clay pebbles or is there another type of medium with the clay pebbles?

You said it was rockwool in an earlier post, I presume they were in smaller rockwool cubes then transplanted in to clay pebbles?

If it’s this method your using I’d have them running 24/7. That’s how I’ve always used a Wilma system and it’s worked great for me every time.

I noticed you had taken a pot/pots out the system.. Try to avoid this pal as I’d expect to start seeing roots out the bottom of the pots at this stage and you could stress your plants doing this, especially if the roots find their way to the res tank (which they usually always do).

When taking pics, open up your tent a couple of mins before lights come on and take a few from a distance if you can to get an overall view and up close of what parts are still affected after cutting the previously affected parts off. If you cut them off today try to get the pictures just before light on tomorrow.

If it’s really noticeable even after cutting tho’s parts off before the next day then let me know, with some pictures if possible please. All the best

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (26-05-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), Jingo (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20)

Thanks

hey nuggetz may thanks for your great advice. only clay pebbles and have them running 24/7 so all good there.was a little worried about that and yes they were in small cubes then put in 4inch blocks and into the pebbles.i have taken plants out of system to move them around and trim them.i'm in my attic and really have very little room to manouver, il stop doing this.
    i'l cut off the affected areas tonight when light goes on and see from there.cheers again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (02-06-20), Nuggetz (26-05-20)

Thanks

hey nuggetz may thanks for your great advice. only clay pebbles and have them running 24/7 so all good there.was a little worried about that and yes they were in small cubes then put in 4inch blocks and into the pebbles.i have taken plants out of system to move them around and trim them.i'm in my attic and really have very little room to manouver, il stop doing this.
    i'l cut off the affected areas tonight when light goes on and see from there.cheers again.
    No problem pal, just out of interest is it the blue or black drippers/flooders your using? And also where are they within the pots?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast