Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: having some problems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

They can bounce back from a really hard wilting and recover you'd be surprised. I once had a power failure that cut off my exhaust fan and my air pumps and the temperatures were over 105° when I found the plants only one actually died and it was one I'd done a bunch of defoliation on. The rest actually bounced right back as if nothing had happened.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (23-06-20), GEORGE (23-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (23-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    They can bounce back from a really hard wilting and recover you'd be surprised. I once had a power failure that cut off my exhaust fan and my air pumps and the temperatures were over 105° when I found the plants only one actually died and it was one I'd done a bunch of defoliation on. The rest actually bounced right back as if nothing had happened.

hope so mate, felt like crying when i spotted it. thank fk i did or it really would be curtains. temps were 94.6 when i went in but they have been higher recently with the hot spells we've had here. hopefully open up tonight and all's well.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-06-20), Jingo (23-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (23-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

As Jingo says they should bounce back okay. Not ideal but after some rehydration they should perk up again quite quickly.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (23-06-20), GEORGE (23-06-20), Jingo (23-06-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks

looks as though the 8hrs of drought hasn't affected them too much, just by looking at them. still drinking plenty and ec is stable. I have 2 small dehumidifiers running at lights off and humidity is 70% when lights go on. within half an hour its down to mid 40's and I switch on small humidifier and it stays around that. is the humidity too high when in darkness? around the 70%?? and if so can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive dehumidifier that will handle that amount of moisture?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-20), Jingo (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (24-06-20)

Thanks

I've been using the forum search function re the humidity. the dehumidifiers I have obv aren't enough but the larger ones are way too expensive for me atm. a few weeks back I was thinking of taking them out of the tent due to height issues. I bought an oil heater in case temps were too low.i'm going to put this in the tent at lights off hoping the higher temps along with my dehumidifiers brings the humidity down to manageable levels. would this be a viable alternative to shelling out nearly £200 on another dehumid?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-20), Jingo (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (24-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fkmiller View Post
    I've been using the forum search function re the humidity. the dehumidifiers I have obv aren't enough but the larger ones are way too expensive for me atm. a few weeks back I was thinking of taking them out of the tent due to height issues. I bought an oil heater in case temps were too low.i'm going to put this in the tent at lights off hoping the higher temps along with my dehumidifiers brings the humidity down to manageable levels. would this be a viable alternative to shelling out nearly £200 on another dehumid?
    Heat at lights off is probably your best option anyway, the temp difference between lights off and lights on is one of the biggest factors in getting nice tight buds.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (24-06-20), GEORGE (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (24-06-20)

Thanks

Once you get heavy duty into flower you're going to get high humidity again and then defoliation might be your best bet.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (24-06-20), GEORGE (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20), Nuggetz (24-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

Quote Originally Posted by fkmiller View Post
    looks as though the 8hrs of drought hasn't affected them too much, just by looking at them. still drinking plenty and ec is stable. I have 2 small dehumidifiers running at lights off and humidity is 70% when lights go on. within half an hour its down to mid 40's and I switch on small humidifier and it stays around that. is the humidity too high when in darkness? around the 70%?? and if so can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive dehumidifier that will handle that amount of moisture?
    Try keeping both dehumidifiers on 24/7 and see what difference it makes.. Other than that I can only suggest doing some research into a good dehumidifier. Early stage of flowering the humidity isn't too much of a concern but once the buds start to cluster up and form bigger cola's you want it between 35-45%. If you can get it below 60% you might be okay as long as you have plenty circulation over the tops, worst case scenario you'll get small patches of rot within the cola's which you can cut out after you chop them down.

Hope you can get it down mate, atb.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

fkmiller (24-06-20), GEORGE (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks

great advice again thanks. i'm going to have to try this heater as with the covid/work situation atm coughing up a couple hundred quid isn't an option just now.it'd lead to divorce at worst and at best a minor injury. fingers crossed.and thanks again, priceless advice.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Once you get heavy duty into flower you're going to get high humidity again and then defoliation might be your best bet.

defoliation in what way jingo? does the more leaves lead to higher humidity? and is it okay to do this at this stage of flowering? they are real bushy tbf.a wee trim would enable me to see more of the plants.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast