Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paying for seeds

Thanks

I’ll keep updating. Just did a float test with another seed also. And I have not given up for those that I have been waiting 72 hours for either!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-20), Jingo (21-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by High Land Lad View Post
    Ok I’ll try that Slazenger.

Just read about the float test online and seems to be popular. But I will try germinate anyway, nowt to lose I guess!
    Give them at least 24 hours to sink, it takes that long most of the times.
    I bought from Uk. I just did the float test with a seed (the free one) which looked great other than being very small!

After two hours it is still floating which means it’s a dud.

Should I contact the company about these seeds? £50 is a lot of cash to pay for nothing, got the seeds from a company who posted on THCtalk and post here. I am not comfortable complaining but like I said, it’s a lot of cash to pay for nothing
    They all float until they soak up enough water, some guys will actually scratch up the outside of the seed on a match strike plate or something similar just to get that water in a little quicker I've never needed to do that.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-20), Greengrass (23-05-20), High Land Lad (21-05-20)

Thanks

Ok so if float test is pointless really, may aswell just attempt to germinate them all haha. How long should I leave them before I give up on them? The first three I’ve been waiting since they arrived on Monday so actually it has been more than 72 hours

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok so if float test is pointless really, may aswell just attempt to germinate them all haha. How long should I leave them before I give up on them? The first three I’ve been waiting since they arrived on Monday so actually it has been more than 72 hours
    Make sure they are plenty warm enough, that's what really is one of the major factors on how long it takes. I used to put my seeds using the paper towel method on top of one of my t5 lights they always came up quick that way.

In general a 24-hour soak in a glass will deactivate the enzymes that keep the seed from sprouting and then if you go into paper towel it should be one or four (ish) days. I usually soak for 24 to 48 hours depending on my memory and then I go directly into my final medium planting a little bit deeper than most and I expect to see mine in three four days but they can take sometimes five or six. If they can't make it up after that point I usually just bin them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Someone here posted that 28 deg C is The Perfect temperature for germinating seeds. So about 80's F for yous across the pond.

I have had better success since I kept the seeds in the high 20's C when I do try to germinate them.

Good luck!

Nirvana was a sponsor here a while ago and their shipping method is *STEALTHY*.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-20), High Land Lad (21-05-20), Jingo (21-05-20)

Thanks

I honestly never had a problem the one time I did this before. Got 4 Auto seeds and every single one of them sprouted within 48 hours.
    This time I’m going feminised only and put my trust in the vault. Anyway with buying 9 seeds i expected 4 To work but I will be happy with just 3. I’m slightly concerned that I won’t get any, I base this concern on the first 3 taking so long, as I chose the best lookkng seeds. So I am not feeling too hopeful and wasting £50 is a lot of cash to lose at the moment. I will ask them to replace them if they don’t work however if I have to buy more I will be going elsewhere so any advice appreciated

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I should add that the seeds arrived sealed in paper packets, The free one was in a card packet with plastic bubble.
    I am wondering how old these packets are, if they have been sitting around for long.
    Could just be paranoid but I have got major doubts about this and the time it’s taking ??

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,484 Times

Ok I’ll try that Slazenger.

Just read about the float test online and seems to be popular. But I will try germinate anyway, nowt to lose I guess!
    Water helps soften the shell. But quite easy to drown them.

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slazenger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It looks like they we’re just late!

I wish I hadn’t been so impatient now, if the others all sprout then I’m gonna have too many! ??

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-05-20), Slazenger (23-05-20)

Thanks

It looks like they we’re just late!

I wish I hadn’t been so impatient now, if the others all sprout then I’m gonna have too many! ??
    Well too many, or too much is always better than a failed grow.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-05-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast