Thread: Help

Thanks

Default Help

Hi all!

Please don't hate me, I know there's probably been so many people asking the same question but I have spent DAYS reading through hundreds of threads and still can't make my mind up on soil.

This is my first solo grow! I have just started to germinate some autos (Lowryder and Alaskan Purple Auto) so needing to sort the soil asap. I was going to go for Biobizz light with grow & bloom feed however I can't find it in the likes of B&Q or Homebase (I'm UK based) and an order on Amazon won't arrive in time. So I'm ideally grabbing some bags from Homebase... They're going to be outdoor grows (in my garden, SW UK) and I'm going to be transfering seeds straight into their end pots so have got 15L (I've read that autos don't like being transferred and it actually works better for us this way). However, I understand this makes soil choice trickier as a lot are too heavy for seedlings or have too many nutrients. One thread suggested buying John Innes number 1 and mixing it 50/50 with a normal multipurpose so my question is:

1. Would a 50/50 John Innes number 1 and multi purpose work well for this?

2. What multipurpose would you recommend (must be able to be purchased from Homebase)?

3. Will I need to feed them? I was planning on starting them on bloom & grow about 2 weeks in, should I still do this with these products?

Any advice on this will be a massive help, I'm pulling my hair out right now! Thanks in advance all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lottie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-05-20), Greengrass (23-05-20), Mac (23-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Have you had a look for a hydroponics store near to you? You'll be surprised how many there are about and the prices of a decent soil and feeds are half the price of what amazon charge

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-05-20), Mac (23-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Oh and grab some perlite especially with soils from home base or bnq as they seem to be heavy on the peat
    But Google your town with hydroponic store many are running a drive through while this virus is on the rampage, I went last week, you pull up call the number and they bring it out to you
    Atb lottie

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-05-20), Mac (23-05-20)