Thread: Where do I go from here?

Thanks

Default Where do I go from here?

TLDR: What is causing the growth, colour, size, shape, & odor differences? What are the brown spots and what’s causing the curled leaves on the indoor plant? Any obvious issues I need addressing? Recommended training?

Hi all, first time grower here. Got three (hopefully) happy autos here, 30 days old, and I was hoping I could get some advice, as well as a general education on the reason for the different characteristics I’m seeing. First the specs:
    Strain: Krippleberry Auto
    Soil: (big unknown here) Homemade organic compost
    Water: Soft Tap, pH adjusting to 6.8 using citric acid.
    Light: 150w equivalent full spectrum LED (one plant only, other two in greenhouse)
    So, I have three plants, the indoor one is short, bushy, very green, with a strong odor, but is also developing some issues, such as these brown/red spots, slight yellowing of parts of the top leaves, as well as curling at the sides of some of the leaves. The two outdoor plants are a paler green, are much longer and stringier, even the stunted one (had a trouble birth), when compared to the indoor. They also have next to no odor, not sure what that means. I did notice some slight yellowing of the tips of the new leaves of the outdoor short plant.
    Overall, based on my online research, these off-color spots most likely are caused by nutrient burn. This is strange however, as I have yet to giver any of these plants a feed! Maybe my homemade soil is too potent? The curling, I think is a humidity issue, but honestly that is just a guess.
    So how am I doing? Why am I seeing these issues? Should I be doing some sort of training to the plants?

Thank in advanced!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200523_135912_result.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	383492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200523_135620_result.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	383493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200523_135625_result.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	383494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200523_135742_result.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	383495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200523_135726_result.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	383496  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mechanoidtrash For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (23-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,734 Times

First off your plants look great and I wouldn't worry about them. The leaf that has the curled up kind of sawtooth edge that usually indicates heat stress or lower humidity stress, when it's on the bottom of the plant it can be a different stress affecting the whole plant like just being a little bit thirsty at the time. But I wouldn't worry about it looks good.

A couple of those leaves look like they could have been chewed on a bit or maybe knocked around a little bit, then those that have the lighter spots on them and even the holes they could also be from sun damage especially if there was some moisture on there.

Nothing is widespread and your plants really look good so I wouldn't sweat it, I just keep on doing whatever you're doing.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

As a matter of interest, do you water the plants by spraying them with a hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (23-05-20), Jingo (23-05-20)

Thanks

Thanks guys. The indoor plant maaay have a had a fan drop on it. Ooops. Regarding watering, no, I try to follow the policy of watering a large amount but infrequently, and I do this by watering in a circling around the plant, trying t avoid going directly on it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mechanoidtrash For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (23-05-20), Herbitual (23-05-20), Jingo (23-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Ah, great. It looked possibly like it could have been water droplets on the leaves creating little magnifying glasses. I had it recently.

All good...plants look gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool. Yep, that sounds about right, as it's pretty common for little specs of water to get on the leaves. I'll make sure to prevent that. Another question, which may be more scientific. Why is the indoor plant the darkest green, while the runt outdoor plant is almost lime green? Surely it can't be a nutrient thing, as they all used the same soil.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mechanoidtrash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,734 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanoidtrash View Post
    Cool. Yep, that sounds about right, as it's pretty common for little specs of water to get on the leaves. I'll make sure to prevent that. Another question, which may be more scientific. Why is the indoor plant the darkest green, while the runt outdoor plant is almost lime green? Surely it can't be a nutrient thing, as they all used the same soil.
    Hmmm I don't know except to say environment plays a big role on how well cannabis plants grow and of course you can always get a different phenotype.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post: