Thread: Sick plant please help!

Thanks

Default Sick plant please help!

I'm new here and looking for some help as to why my plant has taken a turn for the worst
    This is my first grow:
    Soil
    Jack 47
    Auto
    About 8 weeks
    10L pot
    Repotted at week 2
    Garden soil
    Biobizz grow 2ml per L, bloom 3ml per L, give the plants nutrients every watering which is every other day. For the last few weeks that has been 1.5 L of nutes water per watering
    Air temp min 25c max 27c
    Humidity around 40%,
    Light is 600 W HPS
    20/4.
    Ph of water is 7, tested the ph of the soil with a cheapish ph soil test and it was 6-7.
    Prior to planting the seed the soil was enhanced with a small amount of bone meal and Epsom salts, throughout the vegetative stage biobizz fish mix was also added in small 1ml quantities.

In the last 3 days the plant has suddenly taken a turn for the worst, growth has slowed and the leaves are yellowing considerably - especially the bigger fan leaves both near the bottom and top of the plant. Some of the stems are also reddening but that could be due to strong light. There are also brown/ yellow spots on some of the leaves. The photos shown have been taken just after watering so the leaves look a little droopy. What do people recommend? Would it be best to totally flush the plant, or is it a deficiency from not enough nutrients. I thought ph wouldn't be an issue in soil, and it hasn't been an issue for the first 8 weeks of growth so why has this only come on now? Thanks for any help in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	383539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	383540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	383541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	383542  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youngy7 For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

I'd say the plant is wanting some calcium and magnesium I see you had the bone meal in there when you started that was probably supporting it real well for calcium up until the last few days. The demands for calcium really go up when you're in flower. I would probably think about upping your bloom nutrients or getting a PK booster.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Nuggetz (24-05-20), Youngy7 (24-05-20)

Thanks

Would a low one off dosage of Epsom salts in water help for the magnesium issue?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youngy7 For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Youngy7 View Post
    Would a low one off dosage of Epsom salts in water help for the magnesium issue?
    Yes there's magnesium in magnesium sulfate that's perfectly useful to the plant but magnesium and calcium are something that you typically feed in a specific ratio to each other, for that reason it's good to buy some if you can get it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), noquipat (24-05-20), Nuggetz (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

1.5 Iitre per watering, are you getting any run off with that amount youngy?
    You could try giving something like this a nudge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-JO-A00-DOF-03-res.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	383562 too many benefits to list and at £2.50 from a supermarket
    I started getting a few brown spots as usual around week 5 and just started using this after 4 years of growing and leaves are back looking lush green again
    Atb chap

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (25-05-20), Nuggetz (24-05-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Have you added anything like perlite to the soil to help with drainage, garden soil sounds a bit sticky. I would recommend that you mix a 60% compost with 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite as a substrate for your next grow, More airy space for the roots to develop (if the root mass is happy the plant will be happy too.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (25-05-20), Greengrass (25-05-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Have you added anything like perlite to the soil to help with drainage, garden soil sounds a bit sticky. I would recommend that you mix a 60% compost with 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite as a substrate for your next grow, More airy space for the roots to develop (if the root mass is happy the plant will be happy too.
    Was it in flower when you repotted it? An auto should be in flower at 6 weeks when you say you repotted, ideally you should plant seeds into final pot they don't like being transferred with there short life span.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

G' (25-05-20), GEORGE (25-05-20), Greengrass (25-05-20)