Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any help appreciated

Thanks

Free iOS app not best. Could humidity be playing factor in this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (25-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ukox View Post
    Free iOS app not best. Could humidity be playing factor in this?

The sensor in your phone more accurately. Humidity no, unless you are at dew point i.e. fog lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (25-05-20), ukox (25-05-20)

Thanks

Downloaded different app.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukox View Post

Downloaded different app.

Very low lux that. You need over 40,000 for flower sorry.

The best app is the one with a white bulb on a yellow background icon

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (25-05-20), ukox (25-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

After reading this I downloaded a lux meter for my phone then read around how it works with my hps and nearly every site says they don't work correctly with led even a dedicated lux meter
    Last edited by Greengrass; 25-05-20 at 04:54 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), lipnobody (25-05-20), Mac (25-05-20), ukox (25-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

its a mobile phone.... what do ya expect
    it befuddles me theses apps on the phones, a spirit level! temperature and humidity, lux, tinder!! how can ya use tinder from yer phone to start a fire like ......

save yerself the hassle get a lux meter on egay, keep the phone as a phone people!!!!
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Greengrass (25-05-20), Mac (25-05-20), M_C (25-05-20), ukox (25-05-20), Vlad the Inhaler (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    After reading this I downloaded a lux meter for my phone then read around how it works with my hps and nearly every site says they don't work correctly with led even a dedicated lux meter
    Theres loads of threads on here greengrass saying how ball park they are and how they are to be interpreted.

Led is general.

Some lights by their very definition ( blurple )are not luminous so i agree you'd be left very wanting to measure one of those on a luminous flux meter.

The app is recommended by a very well known website who is highly regarded in the grow light community. He's tested it using lab spec equipment.

Using the app without a correction factor is pretty useless and leaves you with a ball park figure. However 1 lumen per meter squared is exactly 64-65 umol per second per meter squared for an r spec 288 HLG board, as an example.

No matter what light, it will always give relative measurements very accurately.

Hope that helps chap

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Greengrass (25-05-20), Herbitual (25-05-20), lipnobody (25-05-20), Mac (25-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Theres loads of threads on here greengrass saying how ball park they are and how they are to be interpreted.

Led is general.

Some lights by their very definition ( blurple )are not luminous so i agree you'd be left very wanting to measure one of those on a luminous flux meter.

The app is recommended by a very well known website who is highly regarded in the grow light community. He's tested it using lab spec equipment.

Using the app without a correction factor is pretty useless and leaves you with a ball park figure. However 1 lumen per meter squared is exactly 64-65 umol per second per meter squared for an r spec 288 HLG board, as an example.

No matter what light, it will always give relative measurements very accurately.

Hope that helps chap
    It was just a video tutorial on "cough" another site where the lass explains it quite well where she uses an expensive lux meter which has gave me a good insight into a better room setup with my hps, just that the first thing she says is it doesn't work with Leds but doesn't specify either white or purple leds
    Atb

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

gardro (25-05-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    It was just a video tutorial on "cough" another site where the lass explains it quite well where she uses an expensive lux meter which has gave me a good insight into a better room setup with my hps, just that the first thing she says is it doesn't work with Leds but doesn't specify either white or purple leds
    Atb
    Stole this off google

Lux meters are most sensitive to green . Red and blue lights are not very bright to them.

HPS is very green heavy hence high lumens / lux. That said HPS give off loads of red which would be missed of this

White leds contains lots of green too.

A hps spectrum is nothing like the ideal spectrum pictured so equally the reading requires interpretation and correction.

To resolve this and get an actual answer we use spectral radiometers but they are a couple of grand.

A cheap lux meter and a fudge factor works very well as an alternative

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Greengrass (25-05-20), lipnobody (25-05-20), Mac (25-05-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2