Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rate my Rig...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,797 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefo View Post
    I can assure you nothing was botched lol!
    Hi Chiefo

No offence intended I used the word "botched" in the sense that it was something you jury rigged it doesn't mean you did a bad job.
    I just checked on ebay and there are plenty of decent oscillating fans for under £10 so you might want to check there.
    I don't know what the post is like round your way but if possible you might want to go buy one in person because you could wait a long time for it to arrive in the post.
    The fan is a small but important bit of gear you will need from day one of your grow.
    Last edited by illearth67; 29-05-20 at 08:49 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (01-06-20), GEORGE (30-05-20), Quotientcatalysed (01-06-20), The Solyom (30-05-20)

Thanks

Good to know, well at the very least it'll be Brita filtered water, gotta do something

Anyone fancy making a yield prediction with this setup and two plants, all going reasonably well? And the difference doubling (at least) the amount of light would make?
    On the blurb it claims indoor yields of up to 550g/m2 but that's based on a lot of assumptions.
    Taking everything into consideration you should be happy with half that imo and unless you are a very heavy toker it's enough to tide you over until next harvest.
    Let us know when the seeds pop Chiefo. Cheers for now.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (01-06-20), GEORGE (30-05-20), Quotientcatalysed (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illearth67 View Post
    Hi Chiefo

No offence intended I used the word "botched" in the sense that it was something you jury rigged it doesn't mean you did a bad job.
    I just checked on ebay and there are plenty of decent oscillating fans for under £10 so you might want to check there.
    I don't know what the post is like round your way but if possible you might want to go buy one in person because you could wait a long time for it to arrive in the post.
    The fan is a small but important bit of gear you will need from day one of your grow.
    Lol it takes a lot more for me to take offence, it was absolutely a bodge job, I'm just one of those wordy pedants. But it actually does blow pretty hard, it's four high quality PC fans and one other micro-beast that's meant for cooling 1500W halide bulbs in moving lights, so all five fans running at full does move a lot of air. But you're right I should and will get a proper fan, just what with the no money and all the shops closed and yes postal delays, I used what I could.

Quote Originally Posted by The Solyom View Post
    There's an ongoing discussion regarding tap water vs mineral water vs rainwater for the purpose of germinating seeds. Where I live our water is very good. I believe you are in Ireland. Since the "Water rebellion" against Irish water, I believe you now have good quality water.
    Irish water is actually very good, sadly our famously plentiful rainwater supply isn't as abundant as usual right now, but we do soak up a lot of it before it gets to the UK (you're all welcome), and our mostly limestone geography makes it eminently drinkable and mineral-rich, which is why I was surprised to find out our supply is very soft. Unfortunately Irish water and Irish Water are two very different entities, that capital "W" has caused problems but I'll stay apolitical on that.

Aaaaaanyway, I've received almost everything else I ordered, sadly the tent has been delayed for at least another week (ebay/covid/satan etc), so if germination takes ~three days, will not having a tent for the first four or so days make much difference? I'm well versed in fashioning temporary improvised methods of hanging lights and I'm guessing smell won't be an issue for some time.

Also for some reason the soil that arrived was Canna Terra Pro Plus, instead of the non-plus version I'd ordered, will that change things at all? How important is that perlite?

I'd always planned to start by June first, so two seeds have just gone in the glass of water twenty minutes ago, figured I could keep procrastinating or just get the ball rolling, I not used to not being stoned this long, it's gettin' kinda weird....
    Last edited by Chiefo; 01-06-20 at 02:03 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), illearth67 (01-06-20), Quotientcatalysed (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

Well , u put seeds already in water without having anything else even ready yet lol Perlite is very important, it provides proper aeration which is necessary for healthy root growth in plants. Peace

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (01-06-20), GEORGE (01-06-20), illearth67 (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quotientcatalysed View Post
    Well , u put seeds already in water without having anything else even ready yet lol Perlite is very important, it provides proper aeration which is necessary for healthy root growth in plants. Peace
    No problem getting perlite in 3 days, don't think it's fair to say I've nothing else ready

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), illearth67 (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

Irish water is actually very good, sadly our famously plentiful rainwater supply isn't as abundant as usual right now, but we do soak up a lot of it before it gets to the UK (you're all welcome), and our mostly limestone geography makes it eminently drinkable and mineral-rich, which is why I was surprised to find out our supply is very soft. Unfortunately Irish water and Irish Water are two very different entities, that capital "W" has caused problems but I'll stay apolitical on that.

Aaaaaanyway, I've received almost everything else I ordered, sadly the tent has been delayed for at least another week (ebay/covid/satan etc), so if germination takes ~three days, will not having a tent for the first four or so days make much difference? I'm well versed in fashioning temporary improvised methods of hanging lights and I'm guessing smell won't be an issue for some time.

Also for some reason the soil that arrived was Canna Terra Pro Plus, instead of the non-plus version I'd ordered, will that change things at all? How important is that perlite?

I'd always planned to start by June first, so two seeds have just gone in the glass of water twenty minutes ago, figured I could keep procrastinating or just get the ball rolling, I not used to not being stoned this long, it's gettin' kinda weird....
    Hi Chiefo

Good update there oh and thanks to everyone in Ireland for taking one for the team re rainfall lol.
    The canna terra will be fine you can't go wrong with any Canna soil imo.
    Check your inbox I've sent you a PM advising what to do when the seeds pop.
    The seedlings won't need a tent immediately and will be fine indoors. They will benefit from as much light as you can give them so if you can put them under the LED even without the tent that would be great.
    Before I forget again you will need a mister as spraying your plants regularly is important.
    A cheap 500 ml plastic mister will be fine.
    I admit it is better to have everything organized before a grow but as it's your first grow and in the middle of a pandemic it wasn't possible this time. I too am waiting for important kit to arrive in what passes for the post these days.
    Good luck for now I will check in when there's an update.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (01-06-20), GEORGE (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

Hi Chiefo

Good update there oh and thanks to everyone in Ireland for taking one for the team re rainfall lol.
    The canna terra will be fine you can't go wrong with any Canna soil imo.
    Check your inbox I've sent you a PM advising what to do when the seeds pop.
    The seedlings won't need a tent immediately and will be fine indoors. They will benefit from as much light as you can give them so if you can put them under the LED even without the tent that would be great.
    Before I forget again you will need a mister as spraying your plants regularly is important.
    A cheap 500 ml plastic mister will be fine.
    I admit it is better to have everything organized before a grow but as it's your first grow and in the middle of a pandemic it wasn't possible this time. I too am waiting for important kit to arrive in what passes for the post these days.
    Good luck for now I will check in when there's an update.
    You sir are my new hero. Heard, Understood, Acting, HUA!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), illearth67 (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks

You sir are my new hero. Heard, Understood, Acting, HUA!
    No worries Chiefo you're very welcome.
    Growing in soil is honestly very straightforward and defo the easiest way to learn to grow Cannabis.
    A good learning curve is soil-coco-hydro and that's how I and many other THC members learned to grow.
    You won't get as high as a yield from soil compared to the other methods but you won't have to micro manage your grow anywhere near as much either.
    That is actually one of the main reasons I stopped growing for a few years. Real life took over and I didn't have the time to tend plants properly. Luckily I can get good weed so wasn't really a big deal tbh.
    I really miss my plants and with much more free time now due to lock down I will be starting a small grow of my own soon.
    In the meantime good luck and post here or PM any of us for advice.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (04-06-20), GEORGE (02-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

Lol it takes a lot more for me to take offence, it was absolutely a bodge job, I'm just one of those wordy pedants. But it actually does blow pretty hard, it's four high quality PC fans and one other micro-beast that's meant for cooling 1500W halide bulbs in moving lights, so all five fans running at full does move a lot of air. But you're right I should and will get a proper fan, just what with the no money and all the shops closed and yes postal delays, I used what I could.

Don't forget, there is a complete section on the forum for soil growing. You will find most of your answers there, if not put the question here and someone will answer.

Completed soil diaries:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-Soil-Diaries

Soil@
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ay.php?89-Soil

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (04-06-20), GEORGE (02-06-20), illearth67 (02-06-20)

Thanks

No worries Chiefo you're very welcome.
    Growing in soil is honestly very straightforward and defo the easiest way to learn to grow Cannabis.
    A good learning curve is soil-coco-hydro and that's how I and many other THC members learned to grow.
    You won't get as high as a yield from soil compared to the other methods but you won't have to micro manage your grow anywhere near as much either.
    That is actually one of the main reasons I stopped growing for a few years. Real life took over and I didn't have the time to tend plants properly. Luckily I can get good weed so wasn't really a big deal tbh.
    I really miss my plants and with much more free time now due to lock down I will be starting a small grow of my own soon.
    In the meantime good luck and post here or PM any of us for advice.
    Yeah I think that's the arc I'm gonna follow, unless lots of fingers get pulled out and mass gatherings are allowed again this year (rofl), otherwise I'll be blissfully high and jobless with feck all else to do but grow and learn to grow better. Hydro kinda scares me though, especially since it'd be running directly over my bed, and I've always been more of an electrician than a plumber. It's stressful enough worrying about burning the house down, no point adding another elemental force of nature.

Cheers for sticking around here even though you're not growing by the way, that's dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by The Solyom View Post
    Don't forget, there is a complete section on the forum for soil growing. You will find most of your answers there, if not put the question here and someone will answer.
    You should see me there soon, I'm a couple days along now so just getting my Diary up and running, but yeah thanks those sections have already been useful, same as yourself

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20), illearth67 (05-06-20), The Solyom (05-06-20)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast