Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canna nutrient question

Thanks

Default Canna nutrient question

Hi all,

I'm growing one plant in canna terra pro soil. Decided to splash out on nutrients on this grow..
    My plant is a bit more than 4weeks.
    Been following my nutrient chart successfully so far, mixing them as specified on a chart. I recently repotted in a 20L pot from 3L pot. Going from giving 1 liter of water to about 5L. I give a feed every week, watering every 2/3 days.
    My question is do I keep mixing my nutrients per liter of water which would essentially be giving the plant 5x the amount per feed? ie: I gave 20ml per liter, feeding all in a 1L feed. Now I would use 100ml all given in a 5L feed every week? Sounds a bit drastic.

Attaching my chart below.

Canna Terra Feed Chart.pdf

Thanks for any advice,

J

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tansta For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), Mac (26-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tansta View Post
    Hi all,

I'm growing one plant in canna terra pro soil. Decided to splash out on nutrients on this grow..
    My plant is a bit more than 4weeks.
    Been following my nutrient chart successfully so far, mixing them as specified on a chart. I recently repotted in a 20L pot from 3L pot. Going from giving 1 liter of water to about 5L. I give a feed every week, watering every 2/3 days.
    My question is do I keep mixing my nutrients per liter of water which would essentially be giving the plant 5x the amount per feed? ie: I gave 20ml per liter, feeding all in a 1L feed. Now I would use 100ml all given in a 5L feed every week? Sounds a bit drastic.

Attaching my chart below.

Canna Terra Feed Chart.pdf

Thanks for any advice,

J
    sorry meant 20ml per 10L, so 1L is 2ml... not 20. 5L would then be 10ml.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tansta For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-20), Mac (26-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Charts are better left to your fruit, veg & hanging baskets mate...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-20), Mac (26-05-20), Skunkpunch (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

I would say that’s one of the best bit of advice I think I have seen, one thing you or should I say I have never done is follow the nutrient makers guidelines as a rule I have found that they always try to get you to give way too much than you require. The best thing you can don is only use them as a rough and I mean rough guide. So always take notes on how much and when you feed your lady’s and how well they respond. It’s better to give not enough that too much as you can always add a bit more till you hit there sweet spot but if you give them to much it’s a pain right in the arse, flush flush ohh yeah and flush. Just remember one thing everyone’s setup is different everyone’s environment is not the same so it takes a lot or with luck not too many grows to get your own thing ticking like a beautiful time piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (26-05-20), GEORGE (25-05-20), Mac (26-05-20), Tansta (25-05-20)

Thanks

Ps please forgive my spelling or punctuation I am on dyslexic human

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (26-05-20), GEORGE (25-05-20), Mac (26-05-20), Tansta (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Charts are better left to your fruit, veg & hanging baskets mate...
    This chart isn't from canna tho, It's from growel so unrelated

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tansta For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (26-05-20), Skunkpunch (26-05-20)

Thanks

Question somewhat remains, and could be applied to any nutes I guess.

If a small pot takes 1L with 2ml nutes, you then repot into a larger pot which will take 5L. Do you up the nutes incrementally? ie: 10ml for the same plant. Sounds like a stupid question but just want to make sure.

Thanks,

T

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tansta For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (26-05-20), Skunkpunch (26-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

generally yes the nutrient doses on charts and bottles are per litre or gallon.

so in your case yes for 5L add 10ml if you use 2ml for 1L

That will give you the same concentration and NPK values
    Last edited by Mac; 26-05-20 at 03:35 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Skunkpunch (26-05-20), Tansta (26-05-20)

Thanks

That does make perfect sense what Mac has said but not trying to stand on anyone’s toes as I’m no one of such a high experienced level. Has anyone else ever used slightly less than the nutrients makers recommend? I have found in my limited time of only 7years that they always seem to be just a little on the high side or it might just be that how ever much I wish I had the perfect set up I just can’t get that as the room I use is where the boiler is kept. Which means every year the boiler service man has to go in and sort the boiler. I suppose it does show one thing I got it very well silenced and looking just like the other wardrobes. After a lot of pain in the arse messing around the only good thing is it’s a floor to ceiling home made number thus a nice 7ft 10” tall. But life would be so much easier with a tent or just the room it’s self for environment control. Ohh look out I’m off on a ramble sorry you beautiful lot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (26-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkpunch View Post
    That does make perfect sense what Mac has said but not trying to stand on anyone’s toes as I’m no one of such a high experienced level. Has anyone else ever used slightly less than the nutrients makers recommend? I have found in my limited time of only 7years that they always seem to be just a little on the high side or it might just be that how ever much I wish I had the perfect set up I just can’t get that as the room I use is where the boiler is kept. Which means every year the boiler service man has to go in and sort the boiler. I suppose it does show one thing I got it very well silenced and looking just like the other wardrobes. After a lot of pain in the arse messing around the only good thing is it’s a floor to ceiling home made number thus a nice 7ft 10” tall. But life would be so much easier with a tent or just the room it’s self for environment control. Ohh look out I’m off on a ramble sorry you beautiful lot.

Absolutely most people start 1/2 or 1/4 strength of recommended dosage. Its a good starting point then the plant becomes its own feed chart that's infinitely more accurate, just sometimes harder to read

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Skunkpunch (26-05-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast