Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Temperature needing lowered

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I agree, but it is what it is....especially if you don't have a passive intake available.
    Well spotted. Yes dont add more suction yet

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Greengrass (30-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Get a flap open on the tent, man! There will be pockets to unseal...drawstrings....loosen them and allow some air in!

You can't extract if the air can't enter the tent.
    I figured this out after I replied!

Yes I had them all tightly closed haha, realised I can open it up to let air in without any light escaping. Thst should do the job, it ain’t too hot here in summer, although usually May is quite a sunny month, it’s not this year

Cheers lads ??
    Last edited by High Land Lad; 25-05-20 at 10:09 PM. Reason: To say cheers

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    4 inch aint going to cut it imho with 350w of heat. Especially not in summer

Upgrade hobby filter while at it.

6 inch min but i know nothing about grows containing glass

What do you mean upgrade filter mate?

My boy was tellin me something about a filter that will totally change the smell. I have not noticed any smell at all tbh but when it’s flowering this may be important.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High Land Lad View Post
    What do you mean upgrade filter mate?

My boy was tellin me something about a filter that will totally change the smell. I have not noticed any smell at all tbh but when it’s flowering this may be important.
    Go for Rhino Pro not hobby when you buy next one. They only last one grow is the worst ive heard.

Good ones kill smell dead for a year or 2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Go for Rhino Pro not hobby when you buy next one. They only last one grow is the worst ive heard.

Good ones kill smell dead for a year or 2
    Ahh ok. I will try this next time. It’s all new to me, the last time I only used a light and a ballast

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,033 Times

4 inch aint going to cut it imho with 350w of heat. Especially not in summer

Upgrade hobby filter while at it.

6 inch min but i know nothing about grows containing glass
    I was struggling with my heat as well last few days. So changed back to led for last few days. Chopped my lot the other day. I use 400w hps and it was getting hot. Just running 4 inch outtake. And passive intake. Do you think 6 inch outtake and 4 inch intake would help the temps much. I’m goin to get the stuff ordered pronto. Before I get next ones going. 90x90x180 tent.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    I was struggling with my heat as well last few days. So changed back to led for last few days. Chopped my lot the other day. I use 400w hps and it was getting hot. Just running 4 inch outtake. And passive intake. Do you think 6 inch outtake and 4 inch intake would help the temps much. I’m goin to get the stuff ordered pronto. Before I get next ones going. 90x90x180 tent.
    The 6 inch will have a much higher flow so id say it will help massively with the hps. The 4 inch can help get air in to an extent but you cannot get 6 inch flow through a 4 inch fan ( obvs ) so 4 inch fan plus a passive might be an idea or just a couple of good passives no 4 inch.

A decent dual fan controller will be a must to keep your vacuum and stop smells

Sure the hps heads will be in touch mate as i use 5 inch, passive intake and led.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,033 Times

I’m goin to go bigger for outtake and leaves option of cool tube at some point. Only was to use the hps for flower got some Chinese led and they veg pretty well. Just been hot few days last few weeks. In between grow now. So goin to order some stuff before I start more.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    I've got a 6" extraction fan and have been struggling with the heat the past few days too, I run a 1000w Parlux HPS switched down to 600-750w when its hot in a 1x2x2 tent. I got a £10 5" inlet fan yesterday and its sorted the heat issue right out. So yes a 6" outlet and 4" inlet will be fine under a 400w.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justeatit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-20), Greengrass (30-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

If I may add my little insignificant trick that shys in comparison to the smart folks here but with any fan or power vents usually have grates or covers on them that actually restrict the airflow. If yual simply take the covers off will assist in dropping yur temperatures a few needed degrees. Ain't much but reckon it works pilgrim. Hope yual fill yur need in the end

Bwd

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3