Thread: iws users can you grow large plants in the culture or aqua pots?

Thanks

Default iws users can you grow large plants in the culture or aqua pots?

I'm considering buying an iws as I'm tired of travelling back and too to my grow space constantly it is too big a commitment so I'm looking to automate the problem is I can't seem to get an answer from.anyone as to how does a 6.5l inner pot support a decent sized plant . I'm going to use same light/plant ratio which returns me on average 7oz a plant but I just don't see how such a small pot can support a plant of that size, I currently hand water in 20l pots . can someone tell me what I can expect from this system please

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktm For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-08-20), ChuMk2.. (17-08-20), GEORGE (26-05-20), tom222 (26-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktm View Post
    I'm considering buying an iws as I'm tired of travelling back and too to my grow space constantly it is too big a commitment so I'm looking to automate the problem is I can't seem to get an answer from.anyone as to how does a 6.5l inner pot support a decent sized plant . I'm going to use same light/plant ratio which returns me on average 7oz a plant but I just don't see how such a small pot can support a plant of that size, I currently hand water in 20l pots . can someone tell me what I can expect from this system please

I used to use iws for a while, great system, took me a little while to get floor drain times right, I’ll look see if I’ve got them and post them up for you.

I ran 1 light per plant, and kept 4 on it, always managed to get min of 14oz per plant, best I did was 78oz from all four. Easy system to use I mainly grew cheese and was just right hight wise & width. (2.4x2.4x2m tent) normal 12week grow. Hope helps

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andymac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-08-20), ChuMk2.. (17-08-20), GEORGE (02-06-20)

Thanks

Same here mate I used the multiflow system..
    You can grow them as big or small as you like..
    I used to do 8 in a 1.2x2.4 and got 8oz average per plant in 14 weeks..
    Damn house inspections st the time were every 3 months tho so that crippled my veg time to 4 weeks..

The smaller sized pots lets the root zone go through more wet and dry cycles per day so you can essentially feed them more once you got them established..

Wouldn't mind seeing these big trees grown in the system if you still got the pics andymac..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuMk2.. For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-08-20), GEORGE (17-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

I have a iws pro system and use coco.
    Ive used both pots and shlt loads roots grow out of pot. Flooded 3 times a day.

Average 4-5 ounce a plant. Few weeks veg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-08-20), ChuMk2.. (18-08-20), GEORGE (17-08-20)