Thread: Powdery mildew

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

Default Powdery mildew

Well this is a new one for me this time never had it before so done a little reading and it can be sorted quite easily so I’ve read.
    I was wondering what any of yous use for this?
    I’m reading neem oil.
    Is there a specific brand to get or anything else I can get instead?
    Thanks
    J

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-20), Jingo (28-05-20), Mac (28-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

First thing I do is make sure my temperatures are staying up in a good range 24 hours a day, the second thing I do is make sure I get a lot more airflow. Then I start working on cleaning up the plant clearing up any leaves that are suspecting blocking bud sites etc.

That pretty much takes care of all powdery mildew, a little bit of an oil in a spray like neam or coriander oil does work. but if your environment is correct in the first place you don't get it and if you keep it correct it goes away.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-20), jake420 (28-05-20), Mac (28-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jake420 View Post
    Well this is a new one for me this time never had it before so done a little reading and it can be sorted quite easily so I’ve read.
    I was wondering what any of yous use for this?
    I’m reading neem oil.
    Is there a specific brand to get or anything else I can get instead?
    Thanks
    If possibly lower the humidity, that will help prevent it. Before your next grow, disinfect the tent, once the spores are there they will start back up if the conditions are right. If you're already in flower neem will leave a detectable taste/smell on the final product.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-20), jake420 (28-05-20), Mac (29-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Powdery mildew is systemic so it all depends on how heavy the infection is....If it's just surface stuff you can treat it with whole milk diluted 20% with water in a spray bottle, there is an enzyme in the milk that attacks and kills the spores...Prevention is better than cure though, mycorrhiza in the likes of plant magic granules and products like liquid silicon can help prevent attack from the spores that cause it...Environment is another important factor.

Regards BL

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-20), jake420 (28-05-20), Mac (29-05-20), Skunkpunch (30-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

Default Powdery mildew

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    First thing I do is make sure my temperatures are staying up in a good range 24 hours a day, the second thing I do is make sure I get a lot more airflow. Then I start working on cleaning up the plant clearing up any leaves that are suspecting blocking bud sites etc.

That pretty much takes care of all powdery mildew, a little bit of an oil in a spray like neam or coriander oil does work. but if your environment is correct in the first place you don't get it and if you keep it correct it goes away.

I’m gonna up my extraction only usin a 5” just nowtemps are all over the place 28-32 so a bit warm ano.
    But gonna be flipping her soon so lights will be on at night and yeh mate she’s gonna need another trim lol.
    Thanks jingo lol gonna go and clean her up the now
    Quote Originally Posted by Phytoplankton View Post
    If possibly lower the humidity, that will help prevent it. Before your next grow, disinfect the tent, once the spores are there they will start back up if the conditions are right. If you're already in flower neem will leave a detectable taste/smell on the final product.
    Thanks phytoplankton just moved house and can’t find my hygrometers so don’t know the humidity but high temps and overlapping leafs was the cause I’m thinking. And have cleaned it out already thanks but will give it another once over tonight mate cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Powdery mildew is systemic so it all depends on how heavy the infection is....If it's just surface stuff you can treat it with whole milk diluted 20% with water in a spray bottle, there is an enzyme in the milk that attacks and kills the spores...Prevention is better than cure though, mycorrhiza in the likes of plant magic granules and products like liquid silicon can help prevent attack from the spores that cause it...Environment is another important factor.

Regards BL
    Thanks bud I’ll give her a spray tonight then with that ratio of milk before I trim herI thought someone was takin the piss tellin me to spray silicon on my plant about a year ago so never tried it but good to know I can now lol
    Environment is all over the place but I’ll have that sorted this week before I flip her.

Gonna just paint my cupboard coz Mylar still not been delivered and I’ll replace my 5” extraction with an 8” one and use the 5” for blowing in the way so hopefully that sorts the environment out guys
    Thanks a lot for all your help guys now I’m off to get this done ooft lol
    J
    Ps. There’s also a floor box fan behind her

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-20), Jingo (29-05-20), Mac (29-05-20)