Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yellowing leaves and burnt tips.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THC Prince View Post
    Ok, I am just thinking how the PH can be out of range so much if tested in runf off. The soil PH was something 6 and the water/nutrients which goes in also about 6.5.
    Usually due to a build up within the soil of some kind.. What exactly are you using in your feeds?

Tbf it’s usually a drop in ph you’d expect but it’s possible for it rise as well depending on what your using.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Lowrollerbean (03-06-20), THC Prince (03-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    Which ph down brand are you using btw? Just for my own interest
    some kind of Tetra from aquarium-zoo shop or hows that words in english...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Lowrollerbean (03-06-20), Nuggetz (03-06-20)

Thanks

about how much PH- is good to add if 10 liters of water and need PH down 1? 2ml PH- for 10 liters?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (03-06-20), Nuggetz (03-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    Usually due to a build up within the soil of some kind.. What exactly are you using in your feeds?

Tbf it’s usually a drop in ph you’d expect but it’s possible for it rise as well depending on what your using.
    I am using Flora Trio 50% and just about 5 different times because there seems to be nitrogen toxcity.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (03-06-20), Nuggetz (03-06-20)

Thanks

some kind of Tetra from aquarium-zoo shop or hows that words in english...
    I’m not familiar with aquarium ph downs so maybe stay clear in future. Lemon juice is a decent alternative if you can’t get your hands on any from a hydroponic shop.

I am using Flora Trio 50% and just about 5 different times because there seems to be nitrogen toxcity.
    Flush your plants through with ph’d water (not the aquarium stuff though) and quarter of the stated dose on the bottle of nutrients.

When it comes to using ph down etc don’t go by ml’s but add a little at a time and check the ph as you go to be sure it’s going in the soil at the correct ph. You want to ph after adding the nutrients.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (03-06-20), THC Prince (04-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

As said above that's seems like a hell of a lot of PH down, you calibrated your pen recently?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Nuggetz (03-06-20), THC Prince (04-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    As said above that's seems like a hell of a lot of PH down, you calibrated your pen recently?
    It’s aquarium ph down so probably not as strong as hydroponic stuff. Good point on the calibration, and also what meter/method of testing ph?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (04-06-20), THC Prince (04-06-20)

Thanks

I am using these drops (sera drops) to test the PH of the water. I think that need to buy this PH Pen but if I remember right, then the drops are more accurate and no need to calibrate anything.

I think I will pass the flushing this time because its 9 weeks and the flushing will shock the plants for many days.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (04-06-20), Nuggetz (04-06-20)

Thanks

I am using these drops (sera drops) to test the PH of the water. I think that need to buy this PH Pen but if I remember right, then the drops are more accurate and no need to calibrate anything.

I think I will pass the flushing this time because its 9 weeks and the flushing will shock the plants for many days.
    I don’t think drops would be more accurate than a decent calibrated ph pen but they’d do a job at least.

It’s upto you, they’re your plants, but imo the stress of not being able to uptake nutrients is no where near the stress of a bit of over watering. Especially when it will help them cross the line. And by the looks of it you have at least another 4 weeks to go.. I could be wrong on that, but I’m just going by the pictures.

All the best

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), Lowrollerbean (04-06-20), THC Prince (04-06-20)

Thanks

If you don’t want to flush I’d suggest just water only the next couple of waterings ph’ at 6.0 and see how they go after that. Maybe use quarter/ half strength nutes after you’ve done the water only.

Would also be worth reading up on some basics for growing cannabis for any future grows, that should prepare you for problems like these arising again.

All the best

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-20), THC Prince (04-06-20)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast