Thread: Flowering problems 5th week

Thanks

Default Flowering problems 5th week

Hello, I beg for some quick help. So the thing is I have 2 bubble gum plants at the time in 12 litre (3 gallon) pots. I am using soil and they are now 4 months old, 5 week of flower. I have been feeding Advanced nutrients BLOOM, and CalMag at the indicated dosage according to the bottles. I am using tap water dechlorinated for 24 hours and pH at 6.5. I water my plants every 4 days or so, depending on how dry the soil is. Mostly, the bottom leaves are turning yellow on the veins annd then dying not so long after. It all starts on the veins, and the some thick sports occur and the leave is gone in 2 days time. Please I need help urgently.
    PD: Indoor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-05-30 at 22.25.34.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	383777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-05-30 at 22.25.34 (2).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	383778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-05-30 at 22.25.34 (1).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	383779  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borjaazul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-05-20), Nuggetz (31-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I may be missing the bleeding obvious but when did calmag become a 'staple' nute with 'indicated dosage?' - or, simply put, why are you using calmag? Is there a reason?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am a beginner, so I might not be using the right ammount. I started using it as I identified such defficiency. The leaves showed a lighter Green colour in between the veins as well as some browning on the sides of the leaves as well. That is why I have been using CalMag for the last 5 weeks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borjaazul For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

Check run off with a ph pen, it's possible your ph has dropped below 6 within the soil, due usually to overfeeding or not getting enough of a run off when feeding. If this is the case it won't matter how much extra cal/mag you feed the plants, they won't be able to uptake it from the roots.

If you find the ph to be low I'd suggest flushing the plants through with 3x pot size water with half strength of nutes to what you normally use, ph'd to 6.8 and see how they respond.

It's better to simplify things by bringing them back to a baseline you can build back up from. No big deal if it's a bit under fed but if it's a ph lockout within the soil it will need adressed. If they look to respond well then just ease up the feeding gradually until they become green again but don't overdo it.

And if you do flush them, wait a day then remove any yellow/dead leafs.. That way you'll know if the plant is recovering or not from that point onwards.

All the best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I may be missing the bleeding obvious but when did calmag become a 'staple' nute with 'indicated dosage?' - or, simply put, why are you using calmag? Is there a reason?
    I am a beginner, so I might not be using the right ammount. I started using it as I identified such defficiency. The leaves showed a lighter Green colour in between the veins as well as some browning on the sides of the leaves as well. That is why I have been using CalMag for the last 5 weeks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Borjaazul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    Check run off with a ph pen, it's possible your ph has dropped below 6 within the soil, due usually to overfeeding or not getting enough of a run off when feeding. If this is the case it won't matter how much extra cal/mag you feed the plants, they won't be able to uptake it from the roots.

If you find the ph to be low I'd suggest flushing the plants through with 3x pot size water with half strength of nutes to what you normally use, ph'd to 6.8 and see how they respond.

It's better to simplify things by bringing them back to a baseline you can build back up from. No big deal if it's a bit under fed but if it's a ph lockout within the soil it will need adressed. If they look to respond well then just ease up the feeding gradually until they become green again but don't overdo it.

And if you do flush them, wait a day then remove any yellow/dead leafs.. That way you'll know if the plant is recovering or not from that point onwards.

All the best
    Will do! Thanks a lot, it may a ph problem at the bottom soil so I will do the flush

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Borjaazul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-05-20)